• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Vector..."C'mon Snow"

rocky18

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1997 Yamaha 600 Venture
2012 Yamaha RS Vector LTX (R.I.P)
2018 Yamaha SR Viper L-TX-DX
What a great site TY is. I get access to tons of info and show off my new sled. I'm sort of new to snowmobiling and have much to learn. I ride with 10 other guys and they know lots about sleds, but not so much about Yamaha sleds. I check this site daily for info on setup and related maintenance issues. After spending some time going through Vector set-ups, I decided on stock skis with Bergstrom 6' Triples, shims and 3/8 inch savers. I need the easiest turning sled possible but still want to be able to try and keep up with the younger guys I ride with. They ride mostly ski doo...600 and 700 2 strokes. There are a couple of Cats and Polaris in the group. Any suggestions on adjustments? Oh yea! One guy rides an Apex. Forget about catching him. I couldn't catch him if he was riding a John Deere. We ride mostly trails in Ashland, Wisconsin and Western U.P. Thanks for the stuff that makes this site great. Here's the new sled.

Attachments

• IMGP3470.JPG
    IMGP3470.JPG
    667.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMGP3471.JPG
    IMGP3471.JPG
    669.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMGP3472.JPG
    IMGP3472.JPG
    665.8 KB · Views: 64

Congrats on the new sled, and don't be in any hurry trying to keep up with your group, it will come once you get some more seat time and get use to your sled ;)!

You better get yourself a good tow rope! My buddy wore out two of mine with his Polaris.
He says I tow faster than most people ride.

Glad to see someone local joining here. Originally from Durand, I now live on the state line just south of Clinton WI. Scott's setup will work pretty well for you. He's a great guy with a wealth of knowledge in ski setup. Enjoy the sled!!

Back