• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Northern Maine Trail Report

hondo

VIP Member
Rode a 120 mile loop this afternoon from Eagle Lake 85N to FT Kent, Frenchville,Madawaska, St Agatha (Lakeview), to Eagle Lake.

ITS trails are well groomed. I was quite impressed with all the work that has been done.

The "Green" connector / club trials need alot of work. Seems everyone focused on the main artery ITS trails which was a good call.

Caution:

* A couple of stream crossings need to be filled in with snow which will occur as the season progresses.

* In tight trail spots, since the ice storm, there are many overhanging branches and saplings bent over into the trail. Funnels sledders into a small lane.

It was a pretty day and a great ride! ;)!

Hope this helps!

Let's see, just south of Boston where I live, we are getting dumped on today with 6-10" of heavy wet snow, however, my machines are in central NH. Central & northern NH is getting snow showers. There is no God. :o|

I just got back from riding in Pittsburg, NH over New Years. The trails on Friday started out good, but with all the people needed some serious grooming by Monday. I think they were waiting for most of the people to leave before they groom. There were some wash out's that were pretty large, but not on every trail, people were crossing the lake. We cranked out 75 - 100 mile per day. Driving through Twin Mountinins on the way home looked like it received several inches of fresh snow and riding would be good.

How is riding in Three Rivers, we are thinking of heading there in for a big group trip?

Mark O said:
Let's see, just south of Boston where I live, we are getting dumped on today with 6-10" of heavy wet snow, however, my machines are in central NH. Central & northern NH is getting snow showers. There is no God. :o|

We got the same in CT. 1-2" in upstate NY where our sleds are.

Back