• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

noticed no difference with ecp kit!!!!!!!!!

sledhed

a buddy that i ride with has a zr800 with clutch kit and reeds. i ran dead even with him last year with only mbrp pipe and pioneer clutch kit .added ecp kit this year and we are still dead even what is up with that? sled is turning 10500 and i am running 192 1.205 chisels. the sled hooks awesome will actually power up and go over backwards if not sitting up on the tank. i haven`t put the spark plugs in yet but i can`t imagine they make that much of a difference. :o| :o|

Well, It is possible your friend did something and is not telling.
Or, Anytime you purchase a kit and don't install the whole thing as directed you can't expect the results advertised.
Secondly anytime you make a HP change on a sled the clutching needs serious attention.
Your Pioneer clutch kit although a good one may not be what you need to optimize your set up.

Call Matt at the speed shop, he has a clutch kit that is optimum for the ECP air kit.

Also before you go blasting a product on a public forum you should contact the vendor privately to make sure you installed everything as directed and work through your problems.

Don't worry Sledhead, I didn't get any results either. A person who I talked to in Northern Wisconsin this weekend also had no luck with his ECP kit. I took mine off and the sled runs better. Take it off and sell it like I did. :Rockon:

Don't start this crap now. There are way too many guys that have experianced great results with the kit. I'm not sure what your problem could be TL, but I'm pretty sure sledheads problem is with the clutching. I highly doubt that Pioneers kit is calibrated for the K&N's.

Ted Jannetty said:
Well, It is possible your friend did something and is not telling.
Or, Anytime you purchase a kit and don't install the whole thing as directed you can't expect the results advertised.
Secondly anytime you make a HP change on a sled the clutching needs serious attention.
Your Pioneer clutch kit although a good one may not be what you need to optimize your set up.

Call Matt at the speed shop, he has a clutch kit that is optimum for the ECP air kit.

Also before you go blasting a product on a public forum you should contact the vendor privately to make sure you installed everything as directed and work through your problems.

Yea...what he "sed".

If you have problems, and I mean no disrespect, it is probably something you did wrong or like Ted said, your buddy did something else to improve the performance of his sled and isn't telling you about it! Imagine how he must feel now knowing he spent a lot more $$$'s than you did and still you are dead even with him! I could only imagine the calls the performance shop is getting fro him! LMAO.

If you desire to call me and talk about it, please do so. (203)756-7019. The only thing I am going to have to ask is that you tell me the truth.

I am willing to bet you didn't synchronize your carburetors.

Hard to imagine no results from giving the motor more air and fuel! (Air+Fuel=HP) I run the ECP on my 03 shorty and can tell a huge difference. Not sure why you would take the time to install the 165 main jets that are part of the KIT and not the easiest things such as the plugs. Install the (plugs) and you may see some advantages. As mentioned you may want to revisit your clutching you currently run. Also take your buddy out drinking some night so he can tell you his additional add-ons.

:drink:

Sledhead
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:06 am Post subject: will modded rx1 beat 04 zr9 and 03 f7????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have an 03 rx1 er. it has an mbrp exaust,pioneer clutch kit,ecp filter kit with new plugs and blue springs and 192 1.205 wood`s studs. two of my buddies just bought sleds one is a completely stock 04 zr 900 and the other is a clutched 03 f7.does anyone know my sled will do against these.no snow here yet. just installed my filter kit and can`t wait to try it .

red rx1 er mbrp exaust, pioneer clutch kit, larger wheels, ecp filter kit, low black windsheild, 192 1.205 woody`s studs and larger swaybar.

Didn't know if you were running the ZR900 you spoke of in the past and if the new plugs you used were stock plugs or the CR10EK's that come in the kit.

This kit as to make a difference in getting there faster.Went racing today with the boys ,first race with a 700 ported sxr ,pipe and clutch,and a f-7 know as a f-8 .PULLED THEM BY TWO SLEDS AT start off and kept on going till 800 ft .I was about 4 sleds in front right to the end.Did this four times in a row.You need traction with this kit.I have a 1.5 polaris track on, had a 1 1/4 on last year.

thats enough now. the kit just aint working for ya so ill give ya 20.00 bucks shipped, see how nice i am, willing to step up and end this bashing. :D . seriously now, i would check your clutching, center to center and alignment. these kits make more power period. ;)!

LooseCannon said:
Sledhead
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:06 am Post subject: will modded rx1 beat 04 zr9 and 03 f7????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have an 03 rx1 er. it has an mbrp exaust,pioneer clutch kit,ecp filter kit with new plugs and blue springs and 192 1.205 wood`s studs. two of my buddies just bought sleds one is a completely stock 04 zr 900 and the other is a clutched 03 f7.does anyone know my sled will do against these.no snow here yet. just installed my filter kit and can`t wait to try it .

red rx1 er mbrp exaust, pioneer clutch kit, larger wheels, ecp filter kit, low black windsheild, 192 1.205 woody`s studs and larger swaybar.

Didn't know if you were running the ZR900 you spoke of in the past and if the new plugs you used were stock plugs or the CR10EK's that come in the kit.
That is a different sledhead I think. The one who started this thread is sledhed different people with a close user name.

Back