• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Bent Front End this one has hit nothing WITH PICTURES

Jesster said:
If Yamaha didn't have any of these issues with Nytro during testing, I say Yamaha needs some new testers.

I've been following some of these posts since I'm considering a Nytro (once all of the weak links are taken care of or at least well known so I can evaluate them).

Your message above hits the nail on the head regarding what I've been thinking about Yamaha sleds. They really do need some more aggressive test riders. I don't mean guys who wreck their sleds, but I mean guys who have been sledding for 25-35+ years who run their sleds hard, put lots of miles on and may have found themsleves stuck with Yamaha's weak links in the past.

Why they don't put the pre-production sleds through a good 5000+ of aggressive km and make sure they don't have any serious weak links prior to production. Imagine how much the market would be interested in purchasing sleds that are truly durable.

Mine is off on both sides as well, each shock being set back towards the rear of the upper a arm, hit nothing but drifts and bumps. I know of another one that is messed up on the left side pretty good (from the riders view), pushed back by close to 2 inches, easy going rider, no hard impacts.

ReX said:
Jesster said:
If Yamaha didn't have any of these issues with Nytro during testing, I say Yamaha needs some new testers.

I've been following some of these posts since I'm considering a Nytro (once all of the weak links are taken care of or at least well known so I can evaluate them).

Your message above hits the nail on the head regarding what I've been thinking about Yamaha sleds. They really do need some more aggressive test riders. I don't mean guys who wreck their sleds, but I mean guys who have been sledding for 25-35+ years who run their sleds hard, put lots of miles on and may have found themsleves stuck with Yamaha's weak links in the past.

Why they don't put the pre-production sleds through a good 5000+ of aggressive km and make sure they don't have any serious weak links prior to production. Imagine how much the market would be interested in purchasing sleds that are truly durable.

I really don't think things like this are going to be found when you've only got a handfull of prototypes. After all not all of us are experiencing this. Many of us are aggressive riders. I can honestly say that the only bigger whoops/moguls that I'm going to hit with this thing would be on a slowcross track. I've ridden some doozies on Tug already this season. That's not to mention jumps, a lot of people have jumped the thing without problems.

Yamahnator said:
I really don't think things like this are going to be found when you've only got a handfull of prototypes. After all not all of us are experiencing this. Many of us are aggressive riders. I can honestly say that the only bigger whoops/moguls that I'm going to hit with this thing would be on a slowcross track. I've ridden some doozies on Tug already this season. That's not to mention jumps, a lot of people have jumped the thing without problems.

I'm one of them. No problems on mine. ;)!

I called 7 dealerships that I know from Houghton MI, to Houghton Lake MI. This covers all the major riding area of Michigan. 2 dealers said they have not seen one yet. The other 5 dealerships said that whatever they had come in was all rider impact with stumps, rocks, etc.......

I don't know what the hell to think??? :o| $%&*^#@ The most frustrating thing to Me is just wondering everytime I ride it...... Some kind of official statement would sure be nice. It's not like I'm going to change My riding style I just have this question mark in My head everytime I ride it.

yeah same with mine no problems at all and i have beating on it soo hard.... lots of jumps and everything shy of a ramp jump and if tommrow is nice i plan to ramp it al day lol....... lol and well i will show you picks later lol

Mine ski is a half inch back on the left side (clutch side). The dealer has mine again ( second time ) trying to locate the bend. They have been in contact with yamaha and yamaha has given them measurments to make in order to determine what is bent. I also challenged to dealer to find any sign of impact, before I got accused of hitting something. They agree there has been no impact that should cause such a difference in the spindle angles. The dealers demo is also "not perfect", his words not mine.

They said Yamaha will stand behind their product, and if there is a true problem there will be a fix, which means a certain percentage of nytros sold have to have this particular problem. But, they won't issue a fix until they are confident the problem will be solved.

Mine is a bent now a little. The right ski is a little further back then the left one and the spindle is at a slightly different angle. I clipped a rock while sidehilling. It still handles fine. I'm going to ride it until summer and than replace the sub frame. I don't see any sense in doing it now since I'll probably run into another rock of crash.

ReX said:
Jesster said:

Posts like this kill me. Do you guys honestly think Yamaha uses green riders to test the new iron??? Whatever! Perhaps they need to use greener/less experienced riders that aren't as smooth or efficient in thier riding.

Goddo: I think that picture from Allen was posted last month, not 'months' ago. The 'broken spindle' thread Jan 29th. Unchained Jan 15th. ksc185 Jan 13th. fxnytro Jan 15th. Another around the 4th.

Here's a side pic of my spindles. As you can see the far one is leaning back at the bottom.

In Yami's defense, in 1,200 hard miles I've had absolutely no damage until hitting the rock. I still think the Nytros are extremely durable and I'm really not sure why people are so nervous to ride them. I'm going to bend mine back enough to get it close and continue to rally it until summer when I'll replace it.

Edit: It's worse than the pic shows. I tried getting a better picture but my camera skills are lacking.

Attachments

• spindles different.jpg
    spindles different.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 87
For those worried about it I say dont be. I have bent mine pretty far back as you can see from an earlier post and have rode it another 400 miles like it is and have not had any problems. I am waiting to summer to fix it and kinda hoping yamaha will do something about it although I am pretty sure I know their answer. No new damage to it and I can say that I have not been easy on it.

That almost sounds as if you tweaked the upper a arm, which I can't even begin to understand because it's the lower a arm that is taking the majority of the force. Did you happen to notice that your ski was pushed further back than the other ? Most guys are reporting that the spindle is more upright, and that one ski sits further back, while the shock sits closer to the rear of the upper a arm, so wouldn't that mean that the lower a arm is tweaking ? Now I'm TOTALLY confused.... :o|

Skis look to be back where they were, and could see the shock moving in the upper a-arm, but looked like the bottom a-arm was moving forward.

Back