• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Front Ball Joint

jimmyhighway

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
13 Skidoo Freeride 137
11 Yamaha Nypex MCX
Could someone please confirm if Yamaha will warranty the front lower ball joints. Dealer has not confirmed and warranty is up in two weeks. Thanks in advance.

gormleyflyer2002 said:
a recall.......? got the bulletine number maybe. My dealer told me it was a wear item and not warranty.

Talk to another dealer. I've gotten 2 sets replaced from 2 different dealers. Both covered under warranty - no questions asked.

I called two dealers around here and both of the said that the bulletin is not out yet and the new parts are not available from Yami yet. I am confused though as some people have said they have the updated parts and were replaced on their hot rods.

I am sure that you could go to the dealer and get it replaced with exactly what is being taken off, but I was told I should wait until the updated parts are available.

Does anybody have the bulletin number?

BULLITEN # S09-046
P/N 8GK2357901
NOW I AM NOT SURE WHAT MODLES THEY COVER OR IF THEY ONLY COVER THE ONES THAT HAVE A PROBLEM......?

Can someone please post the link to the bulletin on yamahas website. i just looked in there website and could not find it. Or cold someone post a scaned version of it.

Thanks cameron

Alatalo said:
I do not know about warranty (in Sweden), but I had no problems getting two new pairs from my dealer.
There is a bulletin in Sweden also, saw it at my dealer the other day.
Not a recall, but if you have the problem and bring it to the dealer they will replace them with the updated ones.
The new updated ones has 3 punchmarks on one side so you can tell the difference by loking at them.

ktm010 said:
The dealer replaced the ball joints, they also installed the 09 sub-frame on mine. :-o

How bad was yours bent? If I measure mine from a fixed point, like the back of the tunnel or suspension, left side is back 7/8". If you put a degrees wheel on the spindle there is a 5-7 degrees difference between sides. 550 miles.....................

Back