• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro race to trail sled project

Love it! Feels light, turns great, no ski lift. Excellent all around performance from smooth to chatter and medium to the big stuff. Proof that Yamaha could have built us a game changer back in 2008.

Aside from really wanting this front end. Was the mono a simple install? Figuring it's not a straight bolt in

do you know where I could buy a set of handlebars like yours.

Are any of those front end kits for sale?

Awesome sled !!!

Thanks

Michael

The mono is not a straight bolt in... but one of the easier skid swaps I've done.

I plan to offer the front end, if it is viable to produce it. These versions are very hard to find.

The handlebars are Fly Aero Tapered Carbon Fiber Race Bend for snowmobiles, PART# 18-95297C

I have same bars and I used fly 4" riser. Seemed to be same to .5" talker at most compaired to stock if u want an idea. Love the bars

bjowett,

Thanks for the handle bar info

Your going to reproduce the front A arms and subframe and sell them?

My sled also has the fly riser, they were(are?) a sponsor for the Yamaha race sleds.

The mono can be tuned to work well in all sizes of bumps. The Dual Shock, not so much.

If the front end can be bult to meet a reasonable price point, yes.

bjowett, This is a very interesting project you have going, please keep the updates coming. I think this would be a very marketable product if costs can be reasonable. Thanks !

bjowett said:
My sled also has the fly riser, they were(are?) a sponsor for the Yamaha race sleds.

The mono can be tuned to work well in all sizes of bumps. The Dual Shock, not so much.

If the front end can be bult to meet a reasonable price point, yes.

Fly is still a big sponsor! They made our race clothes this season

Attachments

• 1498800_812122232138323_60139084_o.jpg
    1498800_812122232138323_60139084_o.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 1780141_822627377754475_1127182645_o.jpg
    1780141_822627377754475_1127182645_o.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 132
wow this thread died quick

Also interested to hear how this went... And, could this front end be made as a 38” for mountain use?

Birkebeiner
Norway
2015 SR Viper X-TX

Not sure how it went but I got the Fox racing shocks from that sled, sent them to Hygear for valving and they're awesome!

Cool that Yamaha was experimenting with new fronts ends on the 2104 Nytro... my opinion but I think they had a better looking ride in the Nytro then the new design direction... too bad they did not evolve it with a new front end and the cat skid.

Back