• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX compression dampening rear shock

jason22

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
hi guys

Have a XTX . I'm 250lbs I just had both my restocks rebuilt/revalved for my weight and riding style. Had it out for a ride and rides a lot better now.
Question is when sitting on flat ground and I push down on rear bumper it does go down but comes up slowly.
I've watched a few videos of vipers and other sleds. When they were pushed down the rear end just popped up really quickly.
Now does the rear shock compression damping knob have anything to do with returning rear end to full ride hieght quickly?
Right now I have mine set in the middle
Curious is all

Thank guys

No compression does not affect the rise of the rear. If it had rebound that can affect the time it takes to rise back up. I'm 255 with gear had my shocks revalved for my weight and have rear set on M on torsion springs, compression on rear shock at 2 clicks in from full open and transfer set at lowest line. These sleds rear just don't popup, but I have never had an issue with that as it rides just fine. The biggest fix for the rear was getting shocks revalved for your riding style and weight.

Pete

Here this will help.

Shockinfo.PNG

that diagram and instructions is a great guide. If you are curious what the compression knob is actually doing it adjusts how much oil can bypass the valve stack on the piston as you push the rear of the sled down. With the knob turned clockwise it will go down slower then it would with the same pressure and the knob turned counter-clockwise. Really it is a fine tuning of the valve stack that you have in there. When the rear of the sled rises back up the rebound stack comes into play. You likely do not have a rebound adjuster on that shock so you get whatever the valve stack is with no fine tuning adjustment. Not to split hairs but there is a slight affect between the two but not anything major.

Thanks Ding

That is helpful makes it easy to understand .
Now just have to find the sweet spot is all

Thank you for the explanation

Back