• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OH.... DEER !!!!!

Soldier'spapa

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder Ltx LE 50th Anniversary
A picture is worth a thousand words !!!

Deerpics.jpg
[/b]

Yummy said:
Gees... nice airbox modification.

I guess everyone are saved. That is the important part.

I would not have a "Sort-a-smile" on my face if there were injuries involved.

Thankfully my son (Who was piloting the craft when it went down) walked away with just a few bumps and bruises. The doe and machine were not that fortunate. I had the heart dropping pleasure of coming upon the scene moments after the accident. After the impact the sled rolled a couple times. The running boards are bent up on both sides and heat exchangers torn away.

I'll post a few additional photo's tomorrow.

Oh Oh, from the looks of the nose cone, it was a gut shot. I hate cleaning those up, but then there might not be any meat spoiled.
All kidding aside, he's lucky he didn't get hurt that bad.

hlmrx1 said:
Oh Oh, from the looks of the nose cone, it was a gut shot. I hate cleaning those up, but then there might not be any meat spoiled.
All kidding aside, he's lucky he didn't get hurt that bad.

You are correct! To this point the worst part of this is the STINK from it's guts. The splattering of it's insides all over the sled turns my stomach.

Wow! We came pretty close to some deer the other night as well...glad we all missed after seeing that. Glad to here your son is ok! Good luck with the sled.

This must be the same story I read about over at DT.. Only from your sons view................... He is lucking.. Oh by the way guys if it is the same guy then I will thank him for his service to our country... THANKS.. P.S. Did you get alaska??????????????????????????? MM.

MadMax said:
This must be the same story I read about over at DT.. Only from your sons view................... He is lucking.. Oh by the way guys if it is the same guy then I will thank him for his service to our country... THANKS.. P.S. Did you get alaska??????????????????????????? MM.

Too funny... Yes it sounds like the same story told by my son (The soldier ... I'm just a papa... no soldier). I didn't know he posted something over on Dootalk. He is an army reservist (Sgt.) hoping to be selected to serve a year in Alaska as an MP. As of today there is no news for him ... still could be a second term in Iraq. God I hope not!

I'll pass along your thanks to him.

Here is his version of the story... filled with much more detail!

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php ... pic=130285

YIKES............Glad to hear everyone is alright, That is my biggest fear here RIPIN IT UP at night. Bad enough to hit one but lately they ALWAYS seem to be in groups of 3 or 4 or more :o|

wouldnt want that to happen to me,but last year we almost hit an adult moose at night,i was going around 100 km hour when the damn thing just crossed the trail,jammed the brake and skidded around 75 feet,i stopped about 20ft from the moose and it hit the bush,phew

Very glad your son is ok. Deer on the trail are a serious hazzard that most of us probably don't give enough thought to. My friend is still recovering from his encounter just before christmas with one.

Back