• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ohlins Monoshock Wiring

bowtietr83

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06' Apex GT
Can anyone take a picture of the monoshock wiring connection on the shock side where it plugs into the sled? I was prepping my skid to put it back in tonight and flipped it over dropping one of the hyfax on the shock connector breaking it into roughly 10 million pieces. I think I found the connector type and ordered a new one (mt090-2 if anyone is wondering) but need to know which wire goes on each side. Of course the wires in the shock and sled do not match.

Thanks!

OhlinsEC_ShockConn.JPG

That's from an 08 Apex LTX GT but would suspect the wiring to be the same.

Also, if the connector you purchased ends up not being the correct one, I know that Rock (Yamaheater.com) carries them and should be able to hook you up as that is where I got mine from.

Got the new plug today, wired it up and it just seemed too easy. Started the sled and of course no shock icon from the mode button. Checked resistance and it was open so I must have broken a wire. Ordered a new solenoid from bop but the question is in the even I don't get it installed before an upcoming trip does anyone know what it defaults to if the solenoid isn't working? Just had the shock rebuilt and valved so no idea where I would want it.

It will default to min compression, like a manually aduster full open basically

Unless I am mistaken, it will default to the previous setting it was set to. Whenever I had to replace my shock solenoid, when connecting the new one and going into the Shock mode, it was still set to what I had set it to previously.

Something to consider is that your solenoid might not be bad but that the short is in the pigtail cable that the solenoid to plugs into and the connector I took a picture of. Maybe that hyfax broke more than just the connector. It's not an easy task but if you had the suspension out, a way to check it is to put suspension on a stool so that you can plug the shock solenoid into that connector and eliminate the pigtail.

Back