• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Strainer Pan removal

viperwings

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Attack GT & Nytro XTX
I have a hole in the Oil Strainer, also called the oil pan. I need advice on how to remove the oil pan from below. I have drilled out all the rivets and removed the cover to the bottom of the sled to gain access. I have removed all the bolts from the Strainer cover and it is loose but it will not clear the belly pan to get it out and put the new one on. I was hoping to be able to do this from underneath without pulling out or lifting the engine. I have looked for post on this and can not find anything. Let me know please. 2006 RS Vector.

I have a hole in the Oil Strainer, also called the oil pan. I need advice on how to remove the oil pan from below. I have drilled out all the rivets and removed the cover to the bottom of the sled to gain access. I have removed all the bolts from the Strainer cover and it is loose but it will not clear the belly pan to get it out and put the new one on. I was hoping to be able to do this from underneath without pulling out or lifting the engine. I have looked for post on this and can not find anything. Let me know please. 2006 RS Vector.
You may have to pull the engine.

No you don't have to. You just have to move the motor to get out the Oil Pan / Strainer. Kinda a PIA

Back