• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Old Forge Headcount 2/9/08

SPEED

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I need all you fine lads that are coming to participate in our little shootout to stand up and be counted ,also need your t-shirt size asap. PLEASE if you are not going to show ,do not post.
The tee's will commemrorate our little swaree. The tee's are free to all who participate, although I do ask that those who can please make a donation thru your pay pal to TotallYamaha for making this possible.

As of now the lake is primo ,the trails are a little rough but what the hell.
Thanks Art, AJ and Damian ;)!

NOTE: This solicitation or shootout is not endorsed or promoted thru TY or it's agents in any way. It is solely an unoffical gathering of a bunch of hooligans trying to get there rocks off.

Alright guys here is how the shoot out will work, Speed, damien609 and myself figured this would be the easiest way to have a double elimination shoot-out.

Depending how many sleds show up, the numbers will change but I will use 40 for an example.

Upon meeting @ Slickers everyone will recieve 2 poker chips with numbers on them. 2 bags of chips one will be from 1-40 and the other will be 41-80. Each chip represents your two loses. Loose both, and your out of the races.

Again depending on how many show. We will run heats of 4 sleds, one winner per heat, the other three must give up a chip to the finish line spotter. the number on the chips tell you what heat your in. 1-4, 5-8, 9-12,etc. This keeps it random and nobody can pick the races they want to run. Once the first bracket is finished that should leave the 10 fastest sleds for THAT bracket with 2 chips each and everyone else will have one left.

Picking from the second bag will change who you race on the second heat. Once the first two brackets are up, it just continues like that untill there is only one sled with a chip left, and he will be deemed fastest Trail sled on that day and place.

And all others will be heckled and ridiculed. We then will buy each other drinks and tell lies as to how close we were to catching so and so, and how If I had a better hole shot it would be different. So on and so forth.

Nice simple and gets it done in my eyes. Just it is looking to have between 30-50 sleds show up and trying to get it organized to run all the sleds effectively.

All we ask is for somebody that is attending that is not racing to help with being the finish line spotter. One to call who wins in the event of a photo finish and also to collect the chips. Two people would be even better. And If you chose to accept this mission, I personally will make sure you have beverages of your choice on the track to aid you in the decisions.

These are the rules:
No Crying, you will be made fun of if you do.
No fighting, you will be beat down if you do.
If you want to race and can't, we have a tow behind for our kids that I will be glad to take you down the lake at WOT.
The #1 rule is this is a trail sled shoot out only. to get chips and compete you must meet @ slickers and ride to Big Moose lake with us.

We have 3 non Yamaha sleds coming if we are welcome to come ride, race, and have fun. No t-shirts needed though. See you at slickers. ;)!

Here is a bunch of links that you can get directions:

hotels/motels etc.
http://www.oldforgeny.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safa ... sults&cd=1

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g4832 ... otels.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safa ... 1&ct=image

FEB. 9th
Slickers @ 12
hit the Trails @ 1
Big Moose lake around 2-3
Race unto dark
Glenmore for cocktails and lies

Ring leaders
SPEED 609-780-7800
AJA636 609-496-4224
Call for any more help or PM us

Race fuel
leaded Big Moose Yamaha
Unleaded White Lake Polaris

93 octane pump fuel availible
at the quick stop in town
Big Moose Yamaha

If you need N2O, myself or DAMIEN609 or speed can get you hooked up, we have a fill station in our trailer.

Make your plans and reservations fast if you are serious about coming out It is a small town and they fill up fast if the snow is good.

aj

need4spd said:
We have 3 non Yamaha sleds coming if we are welcome to come ride, race, and have fun. No t-shirts needed though. See you at slickers. ;)!

Yes all are welcome, Just everyone that is coming do yourselves a favor and get you NY registration and OLD FORGE Trail permit. The tickets are way more expensive the the cost of getting the right paper work.

ill def be there size xl for me. Also i would like to donate some $$ to help you guys pay for the shirts Etc.. Call me !302-420-0216

There are going to be the fastest sleds in the east there at big moose that day for racing on the ice track. I would advise everyone that is going to the moose(like myself) to watch, get there early for parking. Is someone going to bring cones to set the snow track up for this. I will help as much as I can. Someone needs to post directions for watchers.

Back