• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ontario ty ride for 2012

I've kinda lost track of this thread, could someone put together an itinerary of the weekend as it stands (where, when, what trails, how many riders, etc). Still trying to figure out if I can make it and when I would have to leave. BTW- I really appreciate when someone tries to organize something like this, I know how hard it is to get the planets to align sometimes.

Thanks.

If everyone who would like to join could post the top 2 places where they would prefer staying that would help me tons. As well as when works better for them (getting down to the wire so basicly either this week end or next.)

I find it tough making the decision of where to stay because I would like to be at the best location for snow as well as best price.

Thanks!

All I can comment on is where I don't want to stay, my buddy was at Best Western last week and said that it was a $20 cab ride each way for a decent meal.

we are ready to roll this weekend (11-12). we would be arriving early sat am as i work till midnight friday. all i need is to know where to show up and i will be rdy to ride!

sleds are rdy! just have to fix trailer lights and load up.

might even have an extra rider as well but he will be a local.

Booked at the Travel Lodge Airport!

I will be there at 9am on Saturday. Once night booked. If anyone can join reservations can be made at 705-495-1133.

Trails there are in great shape!

TY Ride in North Bay

How was the ride? 5 of us (all brothers) are heading up there on 2-22 for 3 days of riding. Other forums are showing how great the trails look. It looks like I missed you guys by 2 weeks, maybe next season. We are staying at Grays's Log House on Trout Lake Rd. next to the Portage restaurant. Can't wait, not enough "good" snow to ride here in WNY.
Dustin

Conditions were excellent and they have a little bit of everything up there from lakes to twisties and some powder and hills to play in. We ate at the Portage a couple of times- ask for the Sapling Killer Nacho special with quadruple cheese! I'll post a couple of pics later tonight.

Lol the Sappling killer!

Conditions where great. Trails close to HW 17 where a bit bumpy but as you move north they get better. Also to the south side it gets really great to the look out in Bonfield.

Food was really good at the Portage.

The ride was really fun and I am looking forward to hopefully meeting some more TY members next year!

Thanks to Yamahas for organizing a great ride and it was nice meeting the locals- Kirkswim, Maim, Sapling Killer and Andrew (future TY member). Hope this one gets bigger every year!

Attachments

• Nachos.JPG
    Nachos.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P1030102.JPG
    P1030102.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 173
  • P1030105.JPG
    P1030105.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 162
  • P1030110.JPG
    P1030110.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 159
Thanks! It was a lot of fun.

Thanks to Cory for guiding us through the trails and getting us to the good views.

Starting out the second day, I only had my camera on the second day.

OntarioTYRide2012_001.jpg

Taking a break after a cold lake run!

OntarioTYRide2012_002.jpg

I am being reminded not to get stuck in the middle of the trail o a patch of ice again!

OntarioTYRide2012_003.jpg

Bonfield has some nice trails!

OntarioTYRide2012_004.jpg

Another trail side stop

OntarioTYRide2012_005.jpg

The lake heading back to the Hotel so we can hit the road to get back home.

OntarioTYRide2012_006.jpg

i had a great time too. i will have to post up my pics (didn't take many) and hopefully a link to the vid i took with my contour helemet cam on sat.

Crewchief47 said:
I betcha sapling killer was still hungry after that plate of nachos........;)!

I don't know who was more hungry- Sapling Killer for Nachos or his sled for sliders!

Back