• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OSP SR Viper belt adjuster with float

Check your secondary spring for signs of binding?

Check your secondary spring for signs of binding?
As a total idiot when it comes to clutching, I am note sure what I would be looking for! Could I have done something when installing the OSP adjuster? I followed the video instructions exactly, and did not take anything apart, other than removing the 3 bolts and washers from the back. Could I have done something that would cause the binding, or would it be "unrelated" to the OSP adjuster installation?

Tightening the adjuster will open the clutch and create your lag. Loosening it will close the clutch and increase your creep. Aka less threads showing on the outside of the adjuster = a more closed clutch and more creep( and higher belt height). More threads showing = a more open clutch and less creep (lower belt height).

As a total idiot when it comes to clutching, I am note sure what I would be looking for! Could I have done something when installing the OSP adjuster? I followed the video instructions exactly, and did not take anything apart, other than removing the 3 bolts and washers from the back. Could I have done something that would cause the binding, or would it be "unrelated" to the OSP adjuster installation?
To looks for spring bind in your secondary is when your spring is compressed the coils don't have enough room to twist and they are binding you can look for paint missing on the sides where they might be touching. Just an idea. Maybe try a new belt

If I missed it in the thread I'm sorry, but do you sell this out of anywhere in Canada? The exchange rate is bad enough, but $26 shipping is fatal. Getting close to $200 by the time it's in my door!

image.jpeg
Just installed sop kit and followed instructions and watched video set belt deflection properly why is it that The nut is showing threads like the shaft is not long

I believe that is the earlier version. The latest has a bit longer threaded part. Mine looks the same as yours and never had a problem.

Notenoughtoys I just bought it from Osp like month ago you would think its new stock
Well I hope your right going north on weekend and just installed don't want any problems

Ya, thought that it would be new stock! Look back on this thread and i think you will see what im talking about. Been riding mine all yr and never had a problem.

Im buy on but after two ajustement I wa stripped. WOW 200$ scrap

Im buy on but after two ajustement I wa stripped. WOW 200$ scrap

Well I would contact them and I am sure they will help you resolve the issue. I, and hundreds of others here use this with out any issues and really like the product.

Well I would contact them and I am sure they will help you resolve the issue. I, and hundreds of others here use this with out any issues and really like the product.
I like this product but i'm buy to #*$&@ performance and dont have Any Warranty. It expensive for second test. Excuse m'y english, i'm french.

Back