• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Other SideWinder Items

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
  • I was also told the bearing in the chain-case are all solid mounted with not Wabble bearing.
  • New Oil Tank
IMG_1898.JPG

• Oil Tank Site Tube
IMG_1913[1].JPG

• Rear Tunnel Heat Exchanger
IMG_1903.JPG

• Here is picture that shows the foot well.
IMG_1905.JPG

• Hers is a photo to show how the panels come onto the tank area.
IMG_1904.JPG

Last edited:

Mr. Sled I hope you are being paid a salary by Yamaha, you have done a great job pointing out details that have been left out by them! The hood and panels definitely look a lot easier to remove and install.

Ya right..LMAO...I am just really interested in the new sled and been trying to find out stuff for all of you that I want to know.

Mr. Sled I hope you are being paid a salary by Yamaha, you have done a great job pointing out details that have been left out by them! The hood and panels definitely look a lot easier to remove and install.
well said.. Thanks Mr Sled keep it coming!

Why does the Yamaha site not seem to point out the clutching improvements? Or did I miss something? Is the chaincase all new with a proper drain plug? Yamaha chain and gears are different from Cat or the same?

Ya right..LMAO...I am just really interested in the new sled and been trying to find out stuff for all of you that I want to know.
Haha we can all dream right? Seriously, I bled blue for the the first ten years of my sledding life. The Nytro made me look elsewhere. My dad purchased a viper and I have had seat time on it. My only complaints were the skis, drivability and a little shy on power. Tuner skis fixed that, I know the new ECU will fix the starting and drivability issues. 180 hp is pretty serious for a sled, but as I was taught at a young age, they only go as fast as you squeeze the throttle.
Forgot to mention I'm excited to see a roller secondary clutch, long over due!

Why does the Yamaha site not seem to point out the clutching improvements? Or did I miss something? Is the chaincase all new with a proper drain plug? Yamaha chain and gears are different from Cat or the same?

Yes all new plastics.. I think thats pretty east to see considering the in the Video sections all the sides and hood come off in 3 min.
Chain care on the pre production models that are being tested are not 100% ..right now chain case and reverse are the same, no chain case drain plug, all new solid bearings ( no wabble bearings), as far as the gears and chain, if I remember correctly in one of the videos the chain is beefer so I would gather new gear and chain. As I stated this still a per-production sled.

Here is more info I gathered.
Recap.JPG

Recap 2.JPG

recap3.JPG

recap4.JPG

sled.JPG

Was able to get all touchy feely last night at show in hamburg n.y. very impressed seemed to be much more yamaha quality easy and open layout when panels are off, everything out and easy to access .seems they have addressed all my gripes with the viper,roller clutch is simple and stout and can even change plugs without tearing half of sled apart. Best part is you don't have to have your knees against the panels when rideing i hated that on viper

Was able to get all touchy feely last night at show in hamburg n.y. very impressed seemed to be much more yamaha quality easy and open layout when panels are off, everything out and easy to access .seems they have addressed all my gripes with the viper,roller clutch is simple and stout and can even change plugs without tearing half of sled apart. Best part is you don't have to have your knees against the panels when rideing i hated that on viper

Awesome feedback. Thank you.

The last pic with the plastics off..... I think some of it resembles the z1t Or is that just me. Still looks pretty good. I'd like to see the video of how hard they pushed it to make that header glow. :)

Back