• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pittsburg NH Fatality

KEITHFD

Extreme
Website
www.haverhillfirefighters.com
Hello. I just wanted to let you all know about another tragic snowmobile accident. This past weekend my little brother was riding in Pittsburg NH with his girl friend and her brother. The way the story goes she was on the back of his sled and wanted to get off, take a rest and check out the stars. They were on First Connecticut Lake and it was at night. The visibility was excellent. They dropped her off, took off a short distance, turned around and returned within minutes. When they returned they found the horrific accident and the rest is now history. My brother’s girlfriend, the daughter of a good friend of mine and a brother firefighter, died on the ice. She was struck by a sled traveling at high speed. The guy that struck her died the next day as well.
The accident is under investigation and they already suspect speed and alcohol. The estimate the sled was traveling between 80-90mph. More rumors than facts have surfaced. I’ve heard the guy may not have had a headlight and may have been running from the cops but don’t know for sure yet. Something had to be out of the ordinary for a sled to strike a person on the ice on a perfectly clear starlit night. My reasons for posting this are two fold. First is to find out if anyone knows anything at all about what happened. Not that it matters now, but knowing why may help those involved obtain some closure. I’m not looking to jam anyone up or anything, as I said the guy who hit her is already dead. My second reason for this post is just to remind everyone to be safe. I’m guilty of running the lakes at WOT myself. Just remember it’s not just your life you’re playing with. Someone could be broken down on the ice or a million other possible scenarios exist. Also, always keep a light on at night even if you don’t think anyone else is around. Things can happen fast! Take care & be SAFE!

I feel for the families who lost their loved ones.... I wish I had information for you but it is out of my jurisdiction..... Accidents happen so quickly and lives end so tragically.... This could happen to anyone of us.....No one knows when it your time..... You can only live life to its fullest and play as safely as possible....... :(

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother's loss, and his girlfriend's family's loss as well. They are in my prayers.

keith, I talked to your brother yesterday for a minute or so, you and your family should be proud of him he is an outstanding young man. He gives hope that not all of todays teens are going bad.

Back