• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Poll - Who's had a broken W-arm on their RX-1 or Warrior?

Have you ever had a W or torque arm break on your RX-1 or Warrior?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• Haven't Checked

• Total voters
4Fighter said:
I'm still a little worried about mine too but it's an '04 and if it it goes, I won't buy another OEM arm.

Does anyone make a heavy duty aftermarket w-arm?

Well, after 4460 miles and season #2 coming to a close...

IT BROKE AGAIN! 22 to 36

I suggest that you check them again.

Tom-RX1 said:
Minw e has 9,000 miles and still in good shape .
Tom-RX1

I wonder what the average trail conditions are like where U ride? One Saturday afternoon in Paradise MI could easily destroy a W-arm.

4fighter and I were riding on Saturday near Raco. The trails were awesome. I looked under my sled in Raco and the W arm was cracked in two spots (both nearly all the way through). :o| 4fighter was telling me how much that sucked, looked under his sled and noticed a crack. I would say there is a design flaw. :moon:

It fell into pieces monday. Last time I saw something like that was on my 80 kawasaki invader...but not the first year, and not on a $14,000 sled!

Yamaha said NO!

Neither Paul, or I will be getting free replacements.

NO BIG SURPRISE THERE :roll:

I suggest that even if your W-arm has not broken, you reinforce it the next time you pull the skid.

Close to $400 for a new W arm, or $250 (including shipping) for my Cat ZR skid that rides and handles MUCH better, and is much, much stronger. I hate to keep preaching about this, but when there is a design flaw, it just doesn't make sense NOT to change the design instead of throwing more money at it. And what had me scared was that just before I found my broken arm, I had been doing well over 100mph on a long, slightly bumpy railbed trail. If the arm had finished coming apart then, I probably wouldn't be sitting here typing this right now.

I'm not just advertising the Cat skid...pick the skid of your choice and install it, as long as its designed better than the RX skid. Anything that rides as harshly, and pounds the rider (and sled) that much is just broken parts waiting to happen. Its just a matter of time. At the Sno-Deo I had a chance to ride an '05, and although its much better than the '03/'04s, I like the ride of my Cat skid better. The Apex rides as well as my Cat skid though.

Jim

Do what I did. For $3 in steel, you get to design your own skid. This summer my next mod will be to drop the main shock down to the rails. I'm also thinking of ripping out the tunnel protectors and replacing them with full tunnel heat exchangers - increase the cooling AND get rid of the ice. Hell, just getting rid of the protectors should help with the ice.

nhrxrider said:
I'm not just advertising the Cat skid...pick the skid of your choice and install it, as long as its designed better than the RX skid. Anything that rides as harshly, and pounds the rider (and sled) that much is just broken parts waiting to happen. Its just a matter of time. At the Sno-Deo I had a chance to ride an '05, and although its much better than the '03/'04s, I like the ride of my Cat skid better. The Apex rides as well as my Cat skid though.

Jim

Hey Jim, I'm glad your finding ways to enjoy your sled and improve its durability. My mistake was riding Snowman's '97 Vmax. You would swear it was not a Pro-Action. I got off and said, I want my skid to ride like that, and almost got there, but the only thing that keeps breaking is the W-arm, and if I fix that, it should be good to go, but it may just end-up on eBay too???

Bountyhunter said:
Just put mine back in and I'm sorry to say ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it.

Don't be SORRY, be HAPPY!

well lets see---89 Exciter, welded it 4 times... 98 SRX, welded once, replaced once... 03 RX1, replaced @ 5400 miles....Wifes 02 Viper, still looks good ( she wont let me ride it...)...Is it me???

Back