• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primay slider mystery damage

ezwoodman

Gents,
I'm at a complete loss here on how I damaged my primary? Pulled my cowel off only to find all the arms the arms on the primary slider sheaves were bent and one with a 2mm gouge in it plus the outside plate has hairline cracks around the bolts. I would assume that kind of damage could not be done by ice....could it?
Searching around for the last couple of days has not revealed any answers so hopefully this post will help others.
Any help appreciated?
EZWoodman

Attachments

• Primary Damage.JPG
    Primary Damage.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 90

09nytro said:
You hit something on that side...
yamaha1973 said:
09nytro said:
You hit something on that side...
X2

A hit like that should have left a mark both in my mind and on the panels of the sled. neither exist...thus my delema...
don't see any damage to plastics or dents.

I'm 42...no dementia yet...I hope!
EZW

Ezwood,Where are you located? Have you had temps to maybe make hard ice chunks? Or maybe a wrench or stick or spare belt getting caught in the primary pulley? Blown belt? Have never seen this kind of damage! RR

ezwoodman said:
the arms on the primary slider sheaves were bent and one with a 2mm gouge in it
If that is the case, do not start the engine...! A damage like that can only happen if something hit or got caught in the primary clutch. A piece of ice, a spare belt, something you hit on the trail, still less than necessary to figure out. The important thing is to make sure that your splined stub shaft and crankshaft is not damaged, then that your inner sheave assembly is not damaged, then get a new outer sheave assembly.

it looks to me like someone ran into or backed into your machine and didnt tell you...

I ran over a rock but barely remember it happening. There was no significant damage to the plastic panels but it cracked my chain case. Those panels don't offer much for protection.

Attachments

• chain case crack.jpg
    chain case crack.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 56

Back