• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pulled the trigger on a 2018 Sidewinder!

I just ordered a 2018 Sidewinder L-TX LE and I am very excited about the decision. I can't wait for next winter. Thank you for everyone on this site the provides information both good and bad. This sled looks to be my dream sled right out of the box.
Way to go. You will be amazed.

Nice choice for your new sled and congratulations.

Did you go with the blue or 50th red?

X2 ....... I just preordered mine....rtx se....cant wait for next season.... I had to give up my 14 viper to make the deal... sad that the rest of this season is done for me but on a brighter note ....ill have a new sidewinder for next year .....

Congrats guys, you won't be disappointed. By next season all the bugs will be worked out, BUT......you better save up some dough because there is going to be a plethora of new goodies for these things!
PS, I'm Big on the blue, but the 50th red/white looked killer in person!

I'm starting to get a lil confused ....I hear all kinds of claims on horse power on the sw... from 180 to 205 plus .....is there a realistic number

I'm starting to get a lil confused ....I hear all kinds of claims on horse power on the sw... from 180 to 205 plus .....is there a realistic number
Early when the Sidewinder came out my best guess was they were thrown on dyno so hp numbers were low. After break in I believe if they dynoed the same sled I believe the hp numbers would be on the upper side of 200+. Jmo !!

180 came directly from Yamaha. Marketing explained that they wanted to throw a number out there that wouldn't disappoint. Video is on Utube.

I have a spring order done on a 2018 rtx se ....I just came off a viper rtx (just plain slow)....I'm hoping the sw isn't anything like the viper

I would like to add that I have never rode a turbo sled before....not sure what to expect

It's nothing like the Viper, it's eons better
You will be amazed with the power (turbo) on this machiene and no tweeking to make it run right, it always does no matter the conditions etc.
Your gonna love it !!!!

Back