• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Qiuick battery question for 2011 Nytro xtx

Comatoast

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX
I have a yuasa ytx20l-bs that looks damn near new but just wont turn the sled over. Ill probably just get a new one as I dont feel like trying to pull start or tow a 4 stroke if it happens to be faulty

that said

- any suggestions for a new battery? Good quality , minus the $130 price tag they are locally?
- Are these just a standard acid battery or are they gel/AGM ?

What are you measuring for voltage across battery terminals? Have you been putting it on a charger every couple of months to maintain it. Mine still cranks her over and holds its voltage (2012). Put a good charge on it and let it sit for a couple of hours and check battery voltage if you got 12.5 -12.7 should be fine. Make sure all grounds are tight and clean and check your starter relay.

Pete

Charge the battery for at least 24 hours then load test it. A simple load test would be to read the battery voltage while cranking the engine. If it drops down around 9 volts or lower then the battery is bad. You can also charge the battery then take it to Autozone and they'll load test it for free. You can usually find a replacement AGM battery for under $100. https://www.powersportsplace.com/se...asa-batteries/make/yamaha/model/fx10-fx-nytro

Thanks guys.

I had it on the charger for about 12 hours. My chargers " maintain " is 3 amps went out this morning to check, and it is sitting at 11.9 volts

I have never had it on a maintainer tho.its stored inside , and I usually just disconnect it for the summer

The last battery I bought for my 08 Apex which also uses the YTX20L-BS battery was purchased from Amazon and was around $75 with free shipping. It was shipped dry without acid in the battery but included an acid bottle to fill it. As grizztacks mentioned, you can also go the route of an AGM battery as that is what I did for my 03 RX-1 and it was under $100 from Napa

I bought a new AGM style at Pep Boys $85, I read they should only be charged at <2v or you risk damaging it.

310 cca AGM (compatible to my Deka) for the Wife's XTX at a local battery shop, $101 w/ tax & ready to use.
1 year warranty.
Pretty sure the heat finished it off this Summer being 100* in my garage quite a bit.

The starter relay is located just in front of the battery. There isn't a solid state replacement available for it. The red solid state relay is a replacement for the fuel, load control and fan relays located in the nose of the Nytro.

Thanks grizz, so just replace the starter relay with stock, and should you do all 3 red relays or was there just a certain one. It's been a while and I'm getting old

I would stick with the yaaaaa as that's what's usually comes in most new Yamaha products and has lasted the longest for me.

I would stick with the yaaaaa as that's what's usually comes in most new Yamaha products and has lasted the longest for me.
Yuasa battery?

I saw that replacement on Amazon for $75 shipped, are we have an interstate locally for a hundred

The red solid state relay is listed by Yamaha as a fuel pump relay but it also can be used as a replacement for the load control (lighting) and the fan relay. I recommend updating them all to the solid state. The Starter relay should periodically be replaced as a maintenance item. I always recommend changing it anytime a new starter is installed but it's a good idea to replace it every 3-4 years so it doesn't fail out on the trail.

Yuasa battery?

I saw that replacement on Amazon for $75 shipped, are we have an interstate locally for a hundred
Yes yuasa, sorry stupid spell check

Back