• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

QS3 Rear shock

Just a thought...on the rear arm, be sure that the top of the shock is mounted in the upper hole. If it's mounted in the lower hole it will cause the shock to blow through the stroke like nothing is there and riding on the springs only. I've seen this error before, easy to make

Shock was mounted in upper hole. Yamaha stated the sled was set up for a 150lb rider from factory and they turned the blocks to the middle position to stiffen the springs. It rebounds now, but doesn’t move much at all when I stand on it. Solid. I’m going to ride it and break it in before I readdress.

Check what setting the shock is on..1,2,or 3? One is soft, two is stiffer, and three is like a brick. Maybe the shock setting is on setting 3?? Turn it down to #2 and you should see a difference.

Shock is on 2. It was the spring tension that changed everything. Curious to see how it rides before I mess with anything else...but also curious if AC uses a different spring on their cross country 137. It’s the sister sled and seemed better out of the box (based on my compressing it up and down in showroom)

Back