• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question on primary fitment

catchmeifucan

Extreme
I am looking for a used primary for my attak. There are a couple on kijiji. One is from an '07 phazer and one from an '09 nytro. Checking the micro fiche, I get different spider part numbers. What exactly is the difference or is there actually any difference? Can one of those 2 clutches be used on nearly stock attak?

thanks in advance
rcb

the nitro clutch should be ok, i don't think the phazer clutch would hold up, not sure if itis the heavier version.

A vector or phazer clutch will work fine. The vector clutch does not have set screws in the spider for the roller pins. The 06-10 apex primaries had set screws in the spider. Starting in 11 the apex no longer had set screws in the spider. The phazer also has no set screws in the spider. The phazer primary will have a shorter spring and the cover is shorter. The apex cover and spring will swap right over onto the phazer clutch.

ah, so that is why the spider part number for the nytro and phazer are the same but different than the apex. they both have no set screws. thank you for the replies. so either clutch i see on kijiji should work. it is my sliding sheave that is damaged, plus 10,000 miles on clutch.

I assume you are already aware you need to switch out weights, rollers and spring correct? When loosening the set screws in your clutch a little heat works well to aid in breaking them loose.

Weights will be from old clutch, as they are about 20g under stock. Spring is a GP, not stock. I actually have the pin conversion in old clutch. I broke off a cover bolt way down inside and ended up doing more damage than good, lol. I am just trying to find out the differences in clutches because of the different part numbers. If the only difference is rollers and pin set screws, then any clutch I find will work with old parts. I actually used a cat clutch I had laying around for last trip of year with sled. Over 10,000 miles on the stock primary, so no shame, especially since I did the damage myself.

Back