• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rattle Noise from Primary?

jimmyhighway

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
13 Skidoo Freeride 137
11 Yamaha Nypex MCX
My Nytro has a loud rattle noise at idle and slow trail speed up to 25mph which seems to be coming from the primary clutch. Does anyone else experience this?

the yamaha 3 cylinder 4 stroke has 240 degree firing spacing, which is the longest on any snowmobile. So you have a rapid decel, accel going on at the crank shaft so any slop in the primary can make it rattle at lower RPM

If you look way back in the vector section, you will see a clutch kit fix. Basically O rings that keep the slider buttons tight, Yours should have this, unless it somehow got missed at the factory.

The noise is not harmfull by the way. Talk to your dealer about this

jimmyhighway said:
My Nytro has a loud rattle noise at idle and slow trail speed up to 25mph which seems to be coming from the primary clutch. Does anyone else experience this?
Yeah I noticed this as well. I remember reading the vector had noisy clutches and was surprised to find mine did as well. Guess I'll just have to install some louder exhaust so I don't hear them clutches anymore!!

I've not noticed the clutch rattle being prevalent as the Vector. Something to keep in mind about the o-ring fix. If you tighten up the tolerances to quiet things down, you will also lose performance once the clutch gets hot since it will no longer shift as smoothly since everything becomes even tighter as the aluminum expands.

If you think its noisy stock wait till you put some big weights in it! Mine chugs away pretty good at idle.

Back