• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Axle Galling

Status
Not open for further replies.

21GT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Ltx-gt
Today I removed the Axle on my 21 and noticed it wouldent slide out of the wheels. It kept getting stuck in the bearings and I had to knock it out with a hammer once I got it apart I noticed it was all galled up from where the Axle spun against the adjuster bolts and chewed it up. Sled has 380 miles so I'm upgrading it to the billet stuff just figured I'd post so other people can check theirs out before it gets bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-163526_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211103-163526_Gallery.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 137

I upgraded mine last year with hurricane billit adjusters. But they are designed for the wider bearings in his kit so I had to make some spacers to use stock wheels otherwise the axel is longer than the rest of the assembly and can't be tightened!

If your talking about the track adjusters, maybe these. Not sure if these are same for 21 or not ... GripNRip Racing
162-thickbox_default.jpg

These are from Prevost Performance , the bolt won’t ride on the axle, JT Atv products sells them also

Attachments

• C92DFB6F-1C18-4785-A4CA-9AAAE79D2326.jpeg
    C92DFB6F-1C18-4785-A4CA-9AAAE79D2326.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 139
prevost performance has the billet threaded adjusters that sit in the rail and also the same axle/ wheel mounts as JT. nice pieces they also have upper chaincase gear oil lite bronze bushing that you press into top gear...

I've got an aluminum spacer kit now too that prevents the problem posted in the title. I sell it as a 4th wheel spacer kit that deletes all the plastic for $75. It works with stock wheels and also with wider bearing 6205 wheels. If you dont' want to install a 4th wheel I can sell just the outside spacer sets as well.

Our products are not the same as jt at all! We do have a complete kit that fixes this problem. Our axle has tighter tolerance than factory aswell and support the axle like no other

Our products are not the same as jt at all! We do have a complete kit that fixes this problem. Our axle has tighter tolerance than factory aswell and support the axle like no other
They just look exactly like JT's "But not the same at all"

LOL

If your talking about the track adjusters, maybe these. Not sure if these are same for 21 or not ... GripNRip Racing
162-thickbox_default.jpg
These are the old style 2012-18. The 19 and newer is all different.

You are not a paying advertiser on this site. You account will be now locked.

They just look exactly like JT's "But not the same at all"

LOL
Are you the only one allowed to sell axle kits? I guess your panties are in a knot because you now have competition. Last I checked there were numerous companies selling axle kits for the procross. Do a quick search and you'll also find numerous top gear fixes out there too!
Prevost Performance designs and sells great products, provides excellent service, is a stand up guy and has thousands of satisfied customers all over the world.

Are you the only one allowed to sell axle kits? I guess your panties are in a knot because you now have competition. Last I checked there were numerous companies selling axle kits for the procross. Do a quick search and you'll also find numerous top gear fixes out there too!
Prevost Performance designs and sells great products, provides excellent service, is a stand up guy and has thousands of satisfied customers all over the world.

Lets keep this on the light side, no need to comment like this. Prevost was no an advertiser so he has no right to comment on the site but on the other hand you can say what you want about any product but dont direct derogatory comment to those that do support the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back