• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Bag Storage Options

I think some of the Cat bags use these connectors...

http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index.php/arctic-cat-2623-203-cam-lock-spool-tunnel-bag-hardware.html

http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index.php/arctic-cat-2623-204-cam-lock-ring-tunnel-bag-hardware.html

7639-433-3.jpg
Yup that's the ones That came on my cat bag.. Thanks Dan

Yup that's the ones That came on my cat bag.. Thanks Dan

Any idea how the stock smaller tool bag is attached? Im guessing its a more permanent thing? I may consider removing the stock small bag if I need to, in order to make a nice LinQ setup work on the 129....little room to work with but I have seen a pic or two of the "short" LinQ bag(which I happen to own already) AND the stock small tool bag fit onto a 129....but Id like to mount the linQ brackets in such a way that the stackable fuel caddy would fit to, if I got one later on for touring in Qc. That would be tight as the bottom of the fuel caddy is flat, and the short linQ bag I have has a nice cutout at bottom rear area for the tailight.

Its too bad the tailight is not more flush/lower mounted.

That along with a MT seat(without the tail) will open up the short tunnel for more room.

Dan

Any idea how the stock smaller tool bag is attached? Im guessing its a more permanent thing? I may consider removing the stock small bag if I need to, in order to make a nice LinQ setup work on the 129....little room to work with but I have seen a pic or two of the "short" LinQ bag(which I happen to own already) AND the stock small tool bag fit onto a 129....but Id like to mount the linQ brackets in such a way that the stackable fuel caddy would fit to, if I got one later on for touring in Qc. That would be tight as the bottom of the fuel caddy is flat, and the short linQ bag I have has a nice cutout at bottom rear area for the tailight.

Its too bad the tailight is not more flush/lower mounted.

That along with a MT seat(without the tail) will open up the short tunnel for more room.

Dan
Stock bag is riveted down and is far from water proof mine is coming off for next season everything inside is soaked after every ride!

Stock bag is riveted down and is far from water proof mine is coming off for next season everything inside is soaked after every ride!
Yeah that is what happens when bags are mounted direct to tunnel....Its hard to beat the LinQ design which is up OFF and away from the tunnel...protects tunnel and keep bags dry.

I do like how the base tool bag fills the void though....Just gotta only put things in that wont be effected by wetness.

Pic of a Stackable caddy and bracket onto a 129" w/ Stock bag in place. See how the flat bottom caddy needs to be raised(w/bracket) to allow for tail light.

UNT bracket stackable fuel.jpg
UNT LinQ bracket 129 inch.jpg

My stuff stayed dry with the cat one.. I do not go off trail, so that's probably why.. But maybe its the amount of heat on top of tunnel.. Noticed at times the top of tunnel was pretty warm(not HOT).. Kept my phone warm inside bag.

Definitely don't want wet stuff. I always try to rig up stuff without drilling. Guess I have some research to do. I know the Combination Trail bag I had on the Vector will sit on the seat just not sure I like that.........That LinQ system looks cool. That mounts on the Sidewinder? I imagine its a bit pricey? Quick release is nice...........

Well now I know I can fit a 2 gal roto-pak or kolpin fuel pack in side lying down in my exspandale Yamaha bag,trunk bag,sweet.

Definitely don't want wet stuff. I always try to rig up stuff without drilling. Guess I have some research to do. I know the Combination Trail bag I had on the Vector will sit on the seat just not sure I like that.........That LinQ system looks cool. That mounts on the Sidewinder? I imagine its a bit pricey? Quick release is nice...........
If you trail ride I know you will have dry stuff with the cat bag

Cat bag, cant remember part number .. Real nice bag..100 bucks If I remember correctView attachment 128134 View attachment 128134

Can you measure from the seat to the back of the bag I'm thinking of swapping my factory bag for that cat one but have to fit it in front of my rack. I can shorten my rack some but want to know for sure before I buy one
IMG_0615.JPG

I kept the Winder bag in place for the factory tools and my own tool kit I've been carrying for years along with extra stuff like a folding Saw and emergency repair stuff. I have not noticed any moisture in mine.

I shortened Up Norths Pro Series rack to be a universal storage system with shock cord securing my Overboard dry backpack over a Rotopax can. This is the easiest way to schlep everything into lodging at the end of a days ride and worked flawlessly except for the hassle of using 1 long cord which I am revising.
For short rides I have a Dakine shovel pack that holds some extra gear.

For snowmantic vacations with the wife, the Rotopax comes off (need to modify the Seat Jack cross brace to clear can), the Seat Jack goes on and my Overboard bag gets strapped to the back standing up.

I going to experiment with adding a removable LinQ mount on the rack behind the Seat Jack this off season to place a medium bag or gas then my dry backpack.

Can you measure from the seat to the back of the bag I'm thinking of swapping my factory bag for that cat one but have to fit it in front of my rack. I can shorten my rack some but want to know for sure before I buy one
View attachment 128159
Sure I can do that.. Working a lot of OT and should be able to later today.. I have a LTX so our seats are different.. Might be better if I give you a measurement of the bag itself?. Then maybe measure the stocker? and that should give you the diff.

You drill two holes and has a flap that tucks under gas tank,.. The two holes have a piece you bolt on and it comes up through the under side of the bag. Then it has these big plastic rings that twist on inside of bag.. Its actually a very good design and works very good.. good clean look.
Except for the Cat bags fall off. Friend lost two of them. One time it had his brand new spare belt in it and my brand new spare belt inside. If it utilizes those cam lock things, they are not reliable and sturdy to keep locked.

Just what I saw from the Cat fastening system...

Last edited:
2300 miles no issues. I actually drilled my holes slightly wider then dead on. That way you kinda have to stretch the bag just a little. Makes for a very snug fit. The twist down plastic ring is very tight and hard to turn all the way. I have to twist pretty hard to get it all the WAY down tight. Not saying your wrong about loosing your bag. I just can't imagine mine falling off

View attachment 128159
The bag is 18 3/4 inches on the bottom edge. So start at the very edge or so from tank @ top of tunnel out 19 inches

2300 miles no issues. I actually drilled my holes slightly wider then dead on. That way you kinda have to stretch the bag just a little. Makes for a very snug fit. The twist down plastic ring is very tight and hard to turn all the way. I have to twist pretty hard to get it all the WAY down tight. Not saying your wrong about loosing your bag. I just can't imagine mine falling off
It wasn't my bag. It was a friend who bought a Cat 9000 and a Cat bag. I ride a Winder.

Cat warranted his first one due to a failed cam it appeared. I watched him struggle getting the bag locked down. I had my UNT bracketed Doo luggage in place quite a bit before he had his "locked" into place. I'd call it sack envy .

Back