• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rear cooler

dmc

i have 2 06 apexs that overheat in icy condition and i am looking to add rear coolers to them this summer. does anybody build a better one than the one yamaha sells?

My wife was always hot..lol..but now she runs scratchers..and never sees the yellow light..I have a warrior rear rad on mine..works great..the snow hits it all the time..Scratchers are the trick.

Go with the cooler IMO its a must, we had the same problem as you last weekend with my buddies 06 rtx,I have an ltx with the rear cooler and I had no problems. It was so cold and the ice so hard we couldn't even pack skid with snow sucked had to drive then let cool,horrible.

For the cooler just go with the yamaha one,I think there was a guy on here selling them for $100 a couple months ago do a search. The heat exchanger is really just piece of aluminum that the coolant flows through,what makes one "better" than another is the size. The bigger the more haet transfer you will get. I would just get the one made for your sled,it will greatly improve cooling capabilities.

a rear cooler helps cooling in marginal conditions, but does nothing for slide lube , a problem that usually occures at the same time. i have had sliders melt and sled overheat at -25, the fix for both these problems is scratchers. install the cooler and a set of scrstchers, no more problems.

I put this cooler on last season because of overheating lots.8ET-RHECR-KT $117.99 in Canada
This year it it did not overheat once :-o

unclearpine said:
I put this cooler on last season because of overheating lots.8ET-RHECR-KT $117.99 in Canada
This year it it did not overheat once :-o
where did this ooler come from do you have a company name or picture

I've never overheated since installing my cooler. The full size one. Been with lot's of Cat's,Poo's,Pol's that have. But I am getting scratchers to protect the hyfax,etc. on those rare days. $45 is an easy add on.

Rear exchanger along with scratchers is the way to go.
Rode on hard pack "ice trail" Arctic cat overheated and also SX V-Max w/o scratchers at 2 deg. My Apex had no issues.

Back