• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear skid mounting holes.

fiddlersgreen

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Viper xtx le
I have an xtx Le with the 2.25 pc.
This sled has the same tunnel as the 153 mtx from what I can gather.
My wife has a M6000 and both sleds are basically the same except for the ski stance and the track length.
I noticed that the rear skid on the 153 is mounted in the bottom holes but mine on the xtx are mounted in the top holes.
I know by lowering the skid in the bottom hole it will raise the ride height and give more room in the tunnel but I'm just wondering if it will negatively affect my xtx suspension in any way.

I have not tried it but several people on here swear by it. I do not nee the extra height or clearance and spent 2 yrs getting the balance I want on the tight twisties so am not going to change it.

Lower holes in front middle hole in back and try it I think you will either not notice or you will like it. I have done them both ways.

I'm not as concerned about the tight and twisties but don't want to be too ruin the ride or make the thing too tippy on the trail either.
I'm more concerned with the off trail, in the powder performance and handling.

I'm not as concerned about the tight and twisties but don't want to be too ruin the ride or make the thing too tippy on the trail either.
I'm more concerned with the off trail, in the powder performance and handling.

As said above then with lower and middle

I'll certainly give it a try when we get some snow .thanks!
I was just wondering if the suspension works differently in the other holes.
I was concerned that the 153 and 141 skids may be in the different holes for particular reasons relating to how the suspensions performed.

I've been wondering the same exact thing fiddlersgreen! Thanks for posting and thanks for the guys replying!

Im glad we have this thread because I've been wondering about these holes. is there any documentation anywhere about this? Maybe in the service manual which I don't have yet.

Nothing I have seen. I know when they did the 12 rail update on cats they had to move to the back hole because of rail driver clearance. So it's close. Just a heads up on what to look for.

Im glad we have this thread because I've been wondering about these holes. is there any documentation anywhere about this? Maybe in the service manual which I don't have yet.

Larger paddle tracks need to be farther from the front heat exchanger to allow snow to go through and to prevent windmill effect. How much space is needed seems to be one of those things that is like "which ski is better" though than actual science.

I was thinking that by lowering the front of the skid would increase the approach angle and make the sled trench more.
In saying that the mtx and M's are in the lower hole so I guess it's not an issue if these sleds are set up for powder

Was just sizing up the sled and the holes.
The holes are lower AND setback so I guess the increased change in approach angle by lowering the skid should be off set by moving back the skid?????
I can see this making it actually better.
Stingray, I see more clearer now. Lol!!

Will this work without anti stab kit? On a -14 xtx. What differens in handling can i expect, on and offtrail?

Last edited:
Anyone who knows if this combo will work or if im going to put my rails thru the track?

Back