• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Spring Setting

DOO-YAMA

I just got a 10' RS Vector LTX GT with a fat boy spring,( yes I am not into that polictol correctness crap) and was wondering what setting does the rear spring preload should be set to. Right now its set to the setting #1. Would that be too soft? Its my first Yama sled. :letsnow:

It depends on your weight and the types of trails you ride, so you should ride it first. If you never bottom the suspension, you have too much preload. If you never bottom you are not using the full length of the shock stroke. When riding hard in the big bumps you should bottom the suspension only occaisionally. Keep adjusting the preload until that happens. You will also need to adjust the RA dial as well to your liking, for me it's in the 8-12 range generally.

I put the big boy spring on my 06 Rage and the setting is on 1. I weigh 250 lbs without suit and love the ride. It will bottom out if you hit a BIG bump. Other wise, the best ride ever. You will have to work with your RA valve for rebound. :4STroke:

Thanks guys for the info. I weigh about 290lbs suited up and I will be doing 90% groomed trail and 10% lake riding, so I will keep it at the present settig and try it out. Thanks again. Russ :4STroke:

Back