• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

reset oil change warning on display?

paynety2

Veteran
did the break in service on my 2011 apex se today. But i cant figure out how to reset the display so it stops telling me i need to do the oil change?

b42594659ec0ddd54d804d25d098bea6_zpsd01ccf51.jpg

Ahhh, the owner's manual. Referencing that would negate probably half the posts on TY. Where's the fun in that?

I believe there is also a low fuel one, shows the distance since low fuel light came on.

kinger said:
There is a oil change light on new sleds? When does it activate and what drives it?

Believe it is odometer driven. The first reminder (break in period) shows up at 500 miles. After that every (I think) 5000 miles.

I believe the manual calls for annual oil change if 5000 miles is not attained within 12 months. I doubt the time interval is watched by the computer.

Don't have access to the manual right now.

i think it actually counts the revs of the motor like most cars do now

Odometer driven. The first reminder (break in period) shows up at 500 miles. After that every 2500 miles.

Can someone confirm that this feature was first introduced on the 2010 models?

Back