• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse actuator problem

jeff_yam

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper LTX-LE
My reverse actuator does'nt work when my sled is hot (when I rode it for at least 1 hour) If I let it cooling down, it begin to work again. Anyone know what is the problem?

No chain tension is 1-1/4 turn out from finger tight and belt deflection is correct. What is the link between belt deflection and reverse actuator?

Envoyé de mon Galaxy S7 en utilisant Tapatalk

No chain tension is 1-1/4 turn out from finger tight and belt deflection is correct. What is the link between belt deflection and reverse actuator?

If too tight might not allow it to engage.

Ok but the problem occur only when hot??

Clearances all change when warm. Could even be dirty sensor magnet. I would look over wiring and try another actuator. If that doesn't work go into the case.

I had this problem. I was the plug where it plugged on the actuator. When it warmed up it would loose connection.
I took the plug apart completely and squeezed the terminals tighter so they would fit on the pins on the actuator tighter
and it works perfect now.

Mine just started doing the opposite recently. When cold out, it wouldn't engage when trying to back out of the trailer first thing in the morning. Rest of the day it works fine though. Only happened a couple times now in the past 2 weeks. Sled has almost 4400kms on it.

Mine just started doing the opposite recently. When cold out, it wouldn't engage when trying to back out of the trailer first thing in the morning. Rest of the day it works fine though. Only happened a couple times now in the past 2 weeks. Sled has almost 4400kms on it.
Exact same happens to me. Gonna try a new relay or clean up the current one. Every morning it won't back out of the trailer. Then works the rest of the day..

Exact same happens to me. Gonna try a new relay or clean up the current one. Every morning it won't back out of the trailer. Then works the rest of the day..
Do you think that's what it is? I was thinking the actuator needs lubed or greased as it might be sticking on the inside...my sled needs some love really bad!

Yesterday my buddy's Viper got stuck in reverse after backing hard on ice & asphalt in a parking lot. It has happened twice, both times after a hard spinning in reverse. We tried everything, including taking off the actuator and trying to shift manually. After towing him 25 miles, I turned on the sled, and it shifted right out! I wonder if it does relate to "overheating" and cooling down? The sled had definitely cooled down after the tow!

Yesterday my buddy's Viper got stuck in reverse after backing hard on ice & asphalt in a parking lot. It has happened twice, both times after a hard spinning in reverse. We tried everything, including taking off the actuator and trying to shift manually. After towing him 25 miles, I turned on the sled, and it shifted right out! I wonder if it does relate to "overheating" and cooling down? The sled had definitely cooled down after the tow!
So was it still stuck in reverse while you were towing him?

Back