• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse not working

Took mine for a ride around the yard for the first time since last season, went to back up and nothing! Worked when I brought it for last service before warranty ran out last year. Had to fight to get steering bushings and boot fixed that they noticed finally fixed? This should be fun to deal with.

Anyone know if Yamaha would come good with it with SO many of them going bad? Or how hard would it be to change yourself?

Sure miss the Apex....not a single issue!

Easy to change but I believe it is about $110.00 U. S. part. My dealer said if it were to happen to me again he would fight for warranty again since it happened under warranty. It surely is a known problem. Good luck.

I doubt it the chain has nothing to do with the actuator engaging. There are a lot failing just pull the actuator (3 screws) start it and hit the reverse button to see if it works.

So finally able to look at the sled. I tried rocking it back and forth, checked all connections and pulled the actuator then started it and hit reverse. Still nothing. Could it be the button? The kill switch still works fine so I doubt it. Having a meeting with my dealer soon and want to cover all loose ends.

Mine did the same thing, the actuator did nothing but if you pushed the button you could see the headlights dim so I knew it was a bad actuator.

Mine did the same thing, the actuator did nothing but if you pushed the button you could see the headlights dim so I knew it was a bad actuator.

I lost one this season as well. Luckily it died in forward! Also had the headlight go dim when I pushed the reverse button so I pulled the actuator and pushed the button to see if the problem was from the actuator or the chain case side. The service writer at the dealer told me that the actuators were originally sourced from Taiwan and later ones are being made in China? Also said the ones made in Chine are not failing like the early ones.

I lost one this season as well. Luckily it died in forward! Also had the headlight go dim when I pushed the reverse button so I pulled the actuator and pushed the button to see if the problem was from the actuator or the chain case side. The service writer at the dealer told me that the actuators were originally sourced from Taiwan and later ones are being made in China? Also said the ones made in Chine are not failing like the early ones.
The real early ones were Lucas. Yes English! From land famous for poor wiring. Now Taiwan and China are the good ones. :o|

Well actuator gone and Yamaha never covered it. Apparently same actuators installed from 2014-16 with no changes according to dealer. Hard started twice to bring to the shop...uh oh! Next issue?

Thanks for the help

Yup my reverse actuator motor failed the first year also. I ran for several weeks till the new one came in. It was a pain cause it failed backing it out of the trailer and stuck in revers. I had to pull the motor and change it to forward manually.

Mine exactly did that this afternoon. I removed the motor to put it in forward manually and completed my ride no problem. Good thing it was +2 deg Celcius. It took me 20 min.

Mine work well on reverse but when I stop the engine they making noise like " rrrrrrrrr" . The mecanic will change the actuator.....

Went To go for a ride today tried reverse no go road for a while tried a few times no go Road a while longer start working works fine but now every time I shut off my sled I hear that rrrrrrrr noise.... actuator going bad???? I did not have any updates, but did have a leaky chaincase covered under warranty but that was 300 miles ago

Work once this morning now can't get it to work at all check the voltage to the switch is working Power to the solenoid good...now a trip to the dealer where he orders parts and I'm out of reverse until who knows when got a love them Arctic cats... :mad: :o|never had an issue with my nytro...

Back