• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Revlave shock mono Apex RTX

wkeggenhoff

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex RTX
Had my shock rebuilt this year(no revalve). Would the apex RTX have a different spring than the GT ?
Sled rides likeshit. Spring is on softest setting. RA knob at minimum. Beats the hell out of you on bumps. GF has a 2007 f6 rides like a couch.
Even thijking of swapping in a rear skid out of a cat into mine. *(have stretched mine to 128 ")

does a revalve make a huge difference or just a little ? On Grommed trails its fine just the crappy ones beats you up.

Thinking of even installing the M20 air suspension, looks impressive
Open for abny and all suggestions

Check to see which setting the circle clip is on the shock! you have adjustments on the revolver but also this clip can be moved to increase preload. Have you done your set in for sag. RTX and Gt have different shocks so springs will be different but close in spring rate. If you had it rebuilt you should of had a revalve done at the same time. Shocktec has a nice valving stack for this shock.

HE DID SET THE SPRING AT THE LOWER SETTING TO SOFTEN THE SPRING SETTING. HAD DEAM @ PEAK VELOCITIES DO THE SHOCK.
HE SAID MOST COMPLAINTS ARE THAT THE SHOCK BOTTOMS OUT ALL THE TIME. I JUST WANT IT TO RIDE LIKE A BIG COMFY COUCH
DONT KNOW IF DEAN HAS A VALVE STACK FOR THE MONO. mIGHT HAVE TO SEND TO FRANK AT SHOCK TECH
DO YOU THINK HE COULD TURN AROUND IN A WEEK

Has the shock been valved or changed before? Spring changed from another ower. Stock spring and valving should be pretty cushy on that sled. If you sure the spring is stock then send it in for a revalve and tell them what you want. Give Frank a call at shocktec hes always willing to talk to you. Peak velocities is right in most cases they valve stiffer to help with bottoming.

shock was never apart before, spring looks stock. Spoke with frank will send him the shocks next week. He has a good revalve for the fox floats as well to stop the body roll. Says he can turn around in less than a week

wkeggenhoff said:
HE DID SET THE SPRING AT THE LOWER SETTING TO SOFTEN THE SPRING SETTING. HAD DEAM @ PEAK VELOCITIES DO THE SHOCK.
HE SAID MOST COMPLAINTS ARE THAT THE SHOCK BOTTOMS OUT ALL THE TIME. I JUST WANT IT TO RIDE LIKE A BIG COMFY COUCH
DONT KNOW IF DEAN HAS A VALVE STACK FOR THE MONO. mIGHT HAVE TO SEND TO FRANK AT SHOCK TECH
DO YOU THINK HE COULD TURN AROUND IN A WEEK

Let us know the difference please.

Dean did mine this year and I am pretty happy with it so it will be interesting to see how Shoctek works out?

revalve shock mono RTX

I use Frank at Shocktech and his knowledge of shocks and springs is amazing. Having said that, Stubby uses Peak and his stack on an RA Mono was excellent...........nice and cushy and all but imposible to bottom.

I think the bottom line is: Shock valving is kinda like clutching. There is no 'fitzall' setup. You gotta explain to the man exactly what you want, and what you're trying to fix.

wkeggenhoff said:
shock was never apart before, spring looks stock. Spoke with frank will send him the shocks next week. He has a good revalve for the fox floats as well to stop the body roll. Says he can turn around in less than a week

Frank did all 4 shocks on my rtx, his trick to the floats makes them 100% better, my sled went from riding like a piece of garbage to now riding nice and smooth

Mono revalve

Still have some dialing in to do with the trarsfer rod. Rides real nice now. Seem to have to run more air pressure now in the fox floats as well. Ran 60 psi. Ran R/a at min most of the weekend. Did bottom on a few trash bumps.
Quick turn around 3 days including shipping. Frank @ shock Tec was great to deal with

HAs anyone every ran front limiter on last hole(shortest) I am on second last hole now. Wnat to try and reduce transfer so I can plant the skies in corner better

Re: Mono revalve

wkeggenhoff said:
Still have some dialing in to do with the trarsfer rod. Rides real nice now. Seem to have to run more air pressure now in the fox floats as well. Ran 60 psi. Ran R/a at min most of the weekend. Did bottom on a few trash bumps.
Quick turn around 3 days including shipping. Frank @ shock Tec was great to deal with

HAs anyone every ran front limiter on last hole(shortest) I am on second last hole now. Wnat to try and reduce transfer so I can plant the skies in corner better

PM sent WK

revalve shock mono RTX

I use Frank at Shocktech and his knowledge of shocks and springs is amazing. Having said that, Stubby uses Peak and his stack on an RA Mono was excellent...........nice and cushy and all but imposible to bottom.

I think the bottom line is: Shock valving is kinda like clutching. There is no 'fitzall' setup. You gotta explain to the man exactly what you want, and what you're trying to fix.
So how does someone get hold of this guy frank at shocktech,my boys 06 rtx needs a new rebuild or he wants to swap out the mono for the fox megafloat,but to be honest with ya,I have not heard great reviews on the mega float shock,have any of you guys?

Back