• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rs rage lost cylinder

lenman20

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 rs rage
hello need a little help.
i lost center cylinder. engine runs real rough. i thought is was a plug but not the case. moving on replaced plugs no luck. moving on replaced coil boot that didn't work .doesn't appears to be blown up cylinder still has life left appears to be electrical what would be my next step.thanks for your help.

Have you swapped coils to see if the miss moved with the coil or stayed with that cylinder

the electrical plugs cannot reach any other spots so its not possible to have messed up location

I think what yamajon was suggesting is switching center coil with either of the other coils to see if the dead cylinder changes then you know it’s the coil

(update) i do have spark in center cylinder. but no fuel. plug is dry. i removed carbs cleaned out bowls all looks good reinstalled and same #*$&@ im at a lose. any suggestions are appreciated.

The fuel pumps went bad on my sled and starved a cylinder. I bought 2 from Barn of Parts for $30. That solved my problem.

(update) i do have spark in center cylinder. but no fuel. plug is dry. i removed carbs cleaned out bowls all looks good reinstalled and same #*$&@ im at a lose. any suggestions are appreciated.
And the center carb bowl was full of fuel when you removed the carbs?

yes center bowl was full when i pulled the carbs . and after i started it up and ran it i loosened the bottom bowl screw it had filled up with fuel. im not sure why fuel isn't moving on from there

Does it run on three cylinders with choke on?

middle cylinder is not firing with our without the chock. waiting on two new fuel pumps to show up. hope that works already missed a trip this weekend.:die

Have you try gravityfeed the middle cylinder, if its a fuel problem that will tell you for sure.

Even if you have spark its not ceartian it will under compression.

Compression? Is there compression in the middle cylinder. (Broken valve or other mecanical problem)

Back