• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Exhaust Heat Shield Removale

Motorhead

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 SW LTX-LE
I want remove the rattling exhaust shields from my 03RX-1ER. I've had the cross over to muffler exhaust component off the sled last year so that part was quick and easy but how about the shields ahead of those , the ones on the 2 -1 headers, Do I need to drop the suspension and track to get to those ? And if I remove the 3 shields mentioned will that be all of them ? :4STroke:

i removed all of mine(2 i think i cant remember) :o| . you do not have to remove the track.just remove the 2 bolts on each each side ,behind the top wheel,and it will drop down (the suspension) .then drill out the rivets .mine is very quiet now.

Dennis, I dropped the skid and used a dremmel to grind off the rivit heads. Three sheilds and approx 12 rivits give or take.. AAAAhhh no more rattle and Buzz.

Dave

I want remove the rattling exhaust shields from my 03RX-1ER. I've had the cross over to muffler exhaust component off the sled last year so that part was quick and easy but how about the shields ahead of those , the ones on the 2 -1 headers, Do I need to drop the suspension and track to get to those ? And if I remove the 3 shields mentioned will that be all of them ? :4STroke:
I just posted about removing and replacing the rivets and how there is not enough room to get the rivet gun above new rivets.
I need to replace the two heat shields that "sandwich" the exhaust manifolds just off the engine. I bought replacements and need to somehow remove and replace those 5 rivets in lower shield. (PIC POSTED) There isn't room with the rivet gun I have as the engine is above rivets. Any advice from someone successful. View attachment 175025

Back