• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SD 24 Code

Fleecer

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Put a new O2 sensor this morning, Bosch from Amazon for like $33 bucks.

When I start sled, it takes about 50 seconds for code to go away and AFRs to start to reading. The old one would do it in 15 seconds. Are the Bosch sensors junk?

When I start sled, it takes about 50 seconds for code to go away and AFRs to start to reading. The old one would do it in 15 seconds. Are the Bosch sensors junk?
The bosch sensor is what I run and what TD supplies. Was your other one a different brand?

The SD24 is a no signal to the ecm from the O2 sensor , whenever you start your sled the O2 sensor goes through a warm cycle internally (preheat) when that cycle is completed the AFR displays your reading .....this is completely normal . There can be variability of this cycle from sensor to sensor ....I know it is alarming and the automatic reaction is counterfeit....if it gets longer on this cycle then it could be a slow failing sensor .

Last edited:

Glenn, When I go to start my sled up, I turn the key on, connect the gap app on my phone, so I can see the live data and install it into my phone case and onto my Qi charger making sure to hear the ding that the phone is charging and connected on the Qi charger, then fire up the sled. As this takes a bit of time, the alarm is going off for the code-24 on the dash as the heater is heating the sensor for a while before actually starting the machine. I'd say that 50 seconds sounds about right depending on how long it takes the sensor to heat up to temp doing it this way. I have used the Amazon sensors and have never seen a difference in AF numbers even prior to closed loop. They seem fine. I don't think you have any problems here.

You got a 4.9 Bosch version correct? And like was said, the modules come with Bosch 4.9 sensors from GAP.

Mike,
How can I tell if it's the Bosch 4.9 version? The only difference that I can see is the length of the wires. My original wires were much shorter and a cleaner installation. I attached a pic of the sticker on the box if it helps, please advise.

Normally, I start the sled in the garage, open the door, drive sled out, shut the door, plug in my helmet cord, and the SD Code 24 is gone. Yesterday, after this routine, it was still on. I did a loop around the driveway and still on, so pulled it back in garage. The O2 sensor had thousands of miles and years of use, so I assumed it was burnt. I had a new spare on the toolbox, so I put it in and hit the trail, however the SD 24 never went away.

I was meeting my brother at a major intersection about 20 miles away and was now running late, so had no time to dig further. While driving there I was not thrilled of the thought of staring at this blinking code all day.

Luckily, I arrived first, so I took the side panel off and checked the power lead going to the wideband, which I found partially unplugged. Plugged it back and all was good, albeit longer times for the sensor to heat up, or so it seemed to me.

Attachments

• PXL_20240121_101717373~2.jpg
    PXL_20240121_101717373~2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 26
Mike,
How can I tell if it's the Bosch 4.9 version? The only difference that I can see is the length of the wires. My original wires were much shorter and a cleaner installation. I attached a pic of the sticker on the box if it helps, please advise.

Normally, I start the sled in the garage, open the door, drive sled out, shut the door, plug in my helmet cord, and the SD Code 24 is gone. Yesterday, after this routine, it was still on. I did a loop around the driveway and still on, so pulled it back in garage. The O2 sensor had thousands of miles and years of use, so I assumed it was burnt. I had a new spare on the toolbox, so I put it in and hit the trail, however the SD 24 never went away.

I was meeting my brother at a major intersection about 20 miles away and was now running late, so had no time to dig further. While driving there I was not thrilled of the thought of staring at this blinking code all day.

Luckily, I arrived first, so I took the side panel off and checked the power lead going to the wideband, which I found partially unplugged. Plugged it back and all was good, albeit longer times for the sensor to heat up, or so it seemed to me.
I have changed my Bosch O2 sensor from the one that came with the module to a new Bosch and the warm up time to cancel the code seems about the same with both sensors.
From that label on your O2 sensor it would lead you to believe its the real deal.

Well, I thought I purchased on Amazon, but upon further research I realized I bought it on eBay. Per Mikes comment, I verified it is a 4.9 version. I guess the delay in getting it to heat up was all in my head. Thanks for the comments.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121-071525~2.png
    Screenshot_20240121-071525~2.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 23
I’m having same issue. Put new O2 sensor in and code won’t go away on jack stand in garage. Put old one in and still the same. I will check wiring and if nothing comes up do you think a short ride and it might clear? Also, what about pulling out of exhaust and turning on key to see if sensor warms up? Hurt anything?

That sounds like you may have a module or wiring issue. A friend of mine has had three different modules on his SW...the first two lasted a very short time only and then they failed and began flashing the SD24 code that would not stop. The third module is an AEM and has lasted over one season now with no issues. My sled has an AEM module and has been trouble free since installed many season ago.

I had a module go bad, changed the sensor and problem remained. I had to order a module off Amazon, cut the power end off the old module and install it on the new one, and its been good for years now. I think the snow and moisture got to the first one I had installed behind the oil tank the first time around, I now have the module up front where it cant get wet at all.

Update: Checked wiring and plug in was only partially plugged in.It is real easy to pull apart compared to my heated shield plug. Besides electrical tape, anyway to tighten this plugin up? SD 24 went away as soon as I pushed it together and O2 sensor warmed up btw. Also, my old O2 sensor is working too so I now have spare.

Back