• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sd 26 code - 80mph limp mode

I would have kept driving right to Greenville and never even dealt with that place........ Good luck with your future dealings there they will not be happy endings......

I would have kept driving right to Greenville and never even dealt with that place........ Good luck with your future dealings there they will not be happy endings......

agree......the service dept is a cluster...its a shame because the sales and parts people are nice to deal with...

Sorry for the delayed response. I was told all the information from Scott, with regards to Yamaha telling them that they wanted my sled checked again. As for the service manager, that is Jeff. I have no issues with Jeff at all. I know him from my days of snoxcross racing. So I have nothing but respect for Jeff. He even agreed with me that I should not have been charged for the initial time the sled was dropped off and checked. Just sucks because I have done a lot of business with US 27 and outright advised Scott that I will not be back due to the issues I had with them.

Yeah I have dealt with Nelsons several times as well and actually bought my wife a new gade 850 from Jeff Hill at Nelsons. Just sucks because I drive right past 27 on my way north to go snowmobiling so it is a convenience for me to stop there. Guess I will be stopping further north as I go.

I know that this is an old thread but my buddy and I have two brand new Sidewinders,both of which have now thrown this code, both at the 300-400 mile range.

My buddy’s sled was like a bucking bronco when he noticed the code. He took it in to the closest dealer who told him it was a clutch adjustment issue and charged him for the work. Yesterday on a 220 mile run in subzero temperatures it bucked a couple of times but he didn’t see the code. Obviously not a clutch issue.

I am easier on the throttle but mine bucked on me once and the code wouldn’t clear. It was blowing snow and -10 F. I had the code for about 25-30 miles until we took a wrong turn and had to do some backing and filling with the sled’s temperature getting up above 200 before it got back to good snow. I didn’t see the code again for the last 40-50 miles.

Both sleds are going in for initial service. Any suggestions for what they should look for would be greatly appreciated!

I know that this is an old thread but my buddy and I have two brand new Sidewinders,both of which have now thrown this code, both at the 300-400 mile range.

My buddy’s sled was like a bucking bronco when he noticed the code. He took it in to the closest dealer who told him it was a clutch adjustment issue and charged him for the work. Yesterday on a 220 mile run in subzero temperatures it bucked a couple of times but he didn’t see the code. Obviously not a clutch issue.

I am easier on the throttle but mine bucked on me once and the code wouldn’t clear. It was blowing snow and -10 F. I had the code for about 25-30 miles until we took a wrong turn and had to do some backing and filling with the sled’s temperature getting up above 200 before it got back to good snow. I didn’t see the code again for the last 40-50 miles.

Both sleds are going in for initial service. Any suggestions for what they should look for would be greatly appreciated!
No way would I have let any dealer charge me for anything on a brand new sled. Clutch adjustment my arse!

Too cold for a sidewinder. Lol. As much as it is a joke it's kinda true.

I received this same code this weekend at -5 F. I did a WOT down a section of a road of the trail and saw this code a bit later. It stayed on but didn't effect any performance. I later turned the sled off, and restarted it after about 5 minutes and the code was gone. I check on my clamps this morning and all were tight, so not sure what may have caused the code.

I had the same issue and there was water in one of the tubes to the sensor which most likely froze because it was about -10 out. I am just wondering if some people having trouble have vents in to help clutch cool. I have a ton of vents for clutch cooling and the dealer said it is very possible that I am not keeping enough heat in to get rid of the moisture when that cold. This is very possible. Since then I ducted taped all the vent openings from the inside of course and seems to keep more heat in. Today was about 4 degrees and after stopping for a brew and restarted the sled the engine temp was higher every time. So more heat being retained to dry out the moisture.

I think a big part of the 25 or 26 code has to with the oil tank breather and role over valve line run into the intake. I too was getting random 26, 25 code. Always had a watery oil mist in the intake and that is what is screwing up the sensors.
Since I deleted the role over valve and ran the vent out the bottom, I have not had a single code.
I second this, I never had a code, that I noticed, but the machine went into a limp mode after start up on a cold morning with 50 miles on machine. was aware and prepared to bypass the unneeded roll over valve and haven't had a single issue since at 4000 miles. I believe it is either the valve frozen or snot in the sensor caused by the valve....

yup, roll over valve. piece of 1/2" pex connecting to lines to bypass it. 1 minute fix......

We took our machines in for the initial service, and told them about the codes. The service manager said that they had a bunch of calls that same weekend with the 26 codes. I don't fully understand it, but he said that the sensor is on a line that has a "low point" where moisture collects and can freeze in bitter cold. It normally resolves on its own, which it did for us.

Is that the line that you are bypassing when you bypass the rollover valve?

If you bypass the rollover valve, doesn't that create another problem if you "roll" the sled?

We took our machines in for the initial service, and told them about the codes. The service manager said that they had a bunch of calls that same weekend with the 26 codes. I don't fully understand it, but he said that the sensor is on a line that has a "low point" where moisture collects and can freeze in bitter cold. It normally resolves on its own, which it did for us.

Is that the line that you are bypassing when you bypass the rollover valve?

If you bypass the rollover valve, doesn't that create another problem if you "roll" the sled?
the oil breather roll over valve is what needs to be bypassed, which the nytro and apex etc don't have anyway. yes, if you plan to roll your sled over often and like to leave it upsidedown for a while, it may leak oil into airbox. so if an oil spill is more than you can handle, you could leave the valve as is and keep going to dealer etc..... I like to ride reliably and don't leave my sled upsidedown and would guess in that event, I would have other things on my mind

the oil breather roll over valve is what needs to be bypassed, which the nytro and apex etc don't have anyway. yes, if you plan to roll your sled over often and like to leave it upsidedown for a while, it may leak oil into airbox. so if an oil spill is more than you can handle, you could leave the valve as is and keep going to dealer etc..... I like to ride reliably and don't leave my sled upsidedown and would guess in that event, I would have other things on my mind

Not fond of rollovers, but I have seen some 4-strokes flip over, usually hitting an ice ridge in a slide. Like you said, if my sled is upside down, I probably have bigger problems, and all things being equal, I prefer keeping my sled upright!

first sensible thing I have heard all day, almost feels like hope.....

Back