• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(season 2007/08) tymilage maim (warrior)

ride date weekend mar 22-23/08

start milage 3454km

end milage 3468km

total milage 14km

trip: cutting more wood

my buddy dayrl phoned me about going to cut more wood. as i needed more i was up for it geared up and headed out to the farm hauling the sleigh behind the war on a rope as daryl was getting his gear.

got to the trail and decided to take out one of the trees a beaver had fallen as it was in the way for the trail and was dry. got turned around and all ready to cut when daryl shows up. he had an errand to do up at the farm house so i told him to go do it while i cut up the tree.

this was one ambitious beaver. i got a full sleigh plus i still had 2 25' logs left over to haul out. dayrl got back just as i was using war to pull logs down onto the trail. he hauled the sleigh out with betsy onto the lake. then he came back and helped me move the 2 long peices out to the trail.

he told me that he had heard a bearing noise from the left side on betsy. we had a look but could not find anything wrong. hooked one legnth up to betsy and the other to war as i knew war could not take 2 peices out at once.

once on lake i tied both peices to war while daryl went back for sleigh. he told me that betsy was still making the bearing noise when hauling a load. i said it only had to get home and it was done for the season.

on the way back i had an overheat on the war as there was not enough loose snow to keep the motor cool. some quick work with an axe got me some ice to throw on the running boards. all was good and we continued home.

got home unloaded and split the wood. piled it and called it a day. it was a beautiful day to ride and be outdoors.

now the pics

end odo

mar3008009.jpg

daryl hauling sleigh out

mar3008004.jpg

sleds on lake loaded up to go home

mar3008005.jpg

mar3008006.jpg

2 more picks

me standing with sleds on ice

mar3008007.jpg

mar3008008.jpg

the last ride

date mar 30/08

start odo 3468km

end odo 3511km

ride milage 43km

total 2007/08 season milage 2090km

ride to lively trail junction and back

i decided to go for one last ride late in the afternoon. the trails where getting very bare and i figured it would be my last ride for the season and it was.

i rode to the gas station and fueled up. attendant told me i was the only sled he had seen all day. got back out onto whitewater lake and headed for the lively trail. trail was startying to be in bad shape but was still passable. i rode to the trail junction of coleman mine and hwy 144.

after seeing the condition of the trails/mud i decided that this was far enough and turned around and headed home.

this was just a quck little blast to cap off a good season. i did try to get some radaring in after with some fellow tyer's but conditions made that impossible.

this is the end of a really good riding season. thankyou to all that followed and looked in on this thread.

now the picks

end odo

mar3008017.jpg

trail off of lake to get gas

mar3008010.jpg

last ice hut on lake

mar3008011.jpg

pick at hwy by coleman mine

mar3008012.jpg

sled off of highway

mar3008013.jpg

last of the picks

trail signage

mar3008014.jpg

picks of the trail on the way back

mar3008015.jpg

mar3008016.jpg

back in the shelter untill next season. sleep well.

mar3008018.jpg

this is all untill next season. have a safe off season.

Great reading about your adventures this season :) That was some wood Betsy hauled on the boggan!

lol we love cutting wood in the late winter. cool so you do not overheat and sled gets a lot closer to the tree so you do not need to carry the wood as far. can use atv but some places you cannot get there whereas sled will get there. when the chunks behind the war where cut up it was the same amount of wood as what was in the boggan.

glad you enjoyed it. i enjoyed reading yours as well.

Back