• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Season 2011 - 2012 mileage Revster

Well weather really warmed up here and it actually rained all day. Snow is pretty much gone. So time to clean the sled up and get it ready for the mountains. This year we are going to Revelstoke BC.

As mentioned above we departed a week ago for Revelstoke BC planning to ride 5 days. We had high hopes for the Mountain trips this year since we had such a crappy season at home.

This picture was taken just west of Calgary AB headed west on the Trans Canada Hwy AKA #1.

Attachments

• 21 mtns.jpg
    21 mtns.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 297
Ride #8
Date: April 1, 2012

Revy day #1

We decided to start at Frisby Ridge. It was raining in the parking lot and snowing up top. Visibility was not good at all but there was lots of powder. We've been going to the mountains with short tracks for years and for the first time Jeff (Black Ops XTX owner) and I got down a hill I didn't think we were going to get out. It wasn't a big hill however there was no flat spot at the bottom to turn around just trees and DEEEP snow. Lucky for us some boys came thru with some long tracks and made some tracks that we were able to follow out.

Attachments

• 24 loaded.jpg
    24 loaded.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 23 pLot.jpg
    23 pLot.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 22 Jeff.jpg
    22 Jeff.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 307
Ride #9
April 2, 2012

Revy day #2

We headed up to Boulder Mtn. Again it was snowing and had obviously done so during the night as there was tons of powder. The light improved all day until we ended up with a beautiful sunny day.

Attachments

• 29 jeff.jpg
    29 jeff.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 28 boulder.jpg
    28 boulder.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 303
  • 27 jeffruss.jpg
    27 jeffruss.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 26 boulder.jpg
    26 boulder.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 25 boulder.jpg
    25 boulder.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 307
Ride #10
Date: April 3, 2012

Revy day #3

Well after a fantastic day #2 we figured we needed a night on the town. :drink:

So day #3 was a rough one. Jeff who was already a little under the weather with a cold couldn't get out of bed. So Rus and I headed up to Frisby. The light started out really bad again, snowing and flat. After a while it started to improve but we were too hungover and tired. I got my sled stuck and by the time we got it out we were done. So we only ridded 3 hours and I didn't take a single photo.

Ride #11
Date: April 4, 2012

Revy day #4

Back to Boulder. More flat light more snow. We rode over to the famous "sugar bowl" and played around in there for a while. Good times. ;)!

The wind picked up so did the snow. Visibility got bad so we decided to head back to the cabin to eat our lunch and hang out to see if things improved. Well in the poor conditions we missed the trail down and ended up passing the route out. When I realized we were in the wrong spot I was too far down to turn around. I figured I could cut across and get back to the trail rather then heading back up. The other guys were further up and able to turn around and did so. Well I never met up with them because I was not where I thought I was. I spent the next 2 hours working my way down thru trees and armpit deep powder. We all met up at the cabin later and all ended well. The moral of the story is don't use Costco batteries in your radio. Brand new batteries at the start of the day and I could not get my radio to power up. The lack of communication was the biggest problem.

Attachments

• 33 jeff.jpg
    33 jeff.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 32 rus.jpg
    32 rus.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 31 nytro.jpg
    31 nytro.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 30 sugarbowl.jpg
    30 sugarbowl.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 294
On our 5th day we woke up to rain and low cloud cover. We could only see the bottom 1/3 of the mountains so we decided to cut our losses and head out since there would be zero visibility.

Total miles in the mountains: 151

Video coming soon!

Attachments

• 34 loaded.jpg
    34 loaded.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 311
Final mileage for the season is: 535 miles (854.4 km)

Lowest mileage season I have ever had.

Attachments

• 35 end mileage.jpg
    35 end mileage.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 294
....and the video is here.... (it is in HD on youtube)

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer mileage hasn't been too bad so far. We've had an early spring so I've already got over 1300 kms on my bike.

My 2007 DRZ 400 SM on the right. My brothers 2005 Buell Lightning XB12CG on the left. Taken May long at Riding Mountain National Park.

Attachments

• P5190145.jpg
    P5190145.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 291

Back