• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

seized roller

ritchie

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder Ltx Le
I have a seized roller on my Sidewinder primary and would like to know what are the telltale signs?

Last edited:

I have a seized roller on my Sidewinder primary and would like to know what are the telltale signs?
It is likely not rolling because the bushing inside the roller has moved.
However, even though the roller won't move with your fingers, it is most likely moving when the sled is operating.
Just take it out and squeeze it back in with a vice. If your vice jaws are rough, put something smooth between.

okay will give that a try. I was wondering if the seized roller would affect my top end? Right now it runs fine to 80mph with lots of throttle left and when I go full throttle all I can get is 84 mph (rev out at 9300 rpm).

okay will give that a try. I was wondering if the seized roller would affect my top end? Right now it runs fine to 80mph with lots of throttle left and when I go full throttle all I can get is 84 mph (rev out at 9300 rpm).

Something is certainly affecting the top end for sure...I don’t know if it’s one frozen roller though? Sounds like it could be something more than 1 roller affecting the top end that much? But hard to say.

Back