• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Share your FAVORITE riding accessories!

Cobalt

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex SE
This is where TY really helps others in my opinion, lets share our favorite riding accessories. I will start with my top two riding accessories, these are two things that have improved my comfort while riding in COLD weather by leaps and bounds:

#1- BV2S Helmet, no air leaks and no fogging! The flip down visor is fantastic and eliminates the need to wear sunglasses only to stow them later and hope they do not break. The field of view on this helmet is second to none and the rear LED light is a safety feature all manufactures should mimic.

#2- My Carol Davis Webfoot Bodysock! This thing is amazing, it prevents wearing several layers of clothing and is extremely comfortable. It has stirrups for both your feet and hands and a rear flap for those emergency stops during the day. It is very important that if you order this suit that you read and follow the sizing chart instructions EXACTLY!

https://www.cdsportswear.com/wf_style3.htm

Share what you got!

Cobalt
:-o

1; My Garmin GPS. To make sure where I'm going with out getting lost.
2; My rear veiw mirrors, to make sure my buddies are keeping up.
Maybe my # 1 should be ANY Yamaha snowmobile.

I consider our outdoor Jacuzzi to be the ultimate snowmobiling accessory. We hardly use it in warmer weather but it's a great way to end a day of riding.

Ok, it's not a riding accessory so I guess contact lenses are the best thing I've bought for riding in a long time. The handiest things I've actually attached to the machine are a windshield bag and mirrors.

kind of simple but I use a mouth guard, like you use in football. It keeps me from grinding or gritting my teeth, use to always get headaches and no it wasn't from the 2-stroke smell. LOL Then just carry ziplock bag to put it in for pit stops.
:yam:

My favorite riding accessories:
BV2S helmet
U.S. made long underwear bought VERY reasonable from Sierra Outfitters
Cold Wave High Altitude gloves

The worst riding accessory: my buddy's sled hooked to mine with a tow strap

Great thread!!

1) Collett communicators. I love riding with them and do not ever ride with them. Not only do they make the ride safer, it adds so much fun to be able to talk smack with your buddies!!!

2) Camelback. I ride with it every time!!

lucky_7 said:
Great thread!!

1) Collett communicators. I love riding with them and do not ever ride with them. Not only do they make the ride safer, it adds so much fun to be able to talk smack with your buddies!!!

2) Camelback. I ride with it every time!!

Any problems with the camelback?

Back