• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock rub kit...found the problem

Track rub solutions

It was mentioned that maybe a larger diameter track wheel could be used to give more clearance between the track and the shock-only concern would be track to tunnel clearance, and if you use studs they may contact the tunnel.

Also, the track will still have possibility to flex and still contact the shock/mount.

In looking at what Yamaha has on the Attak rear pivot arm-the 2 welded-on brackets with plastic rub pads-this seems to be a solution to keep the track from contacting the shock with no moving parts. (Check out Yamaha's website-gallery pics for an Attak shows the suspension-see link below)

Most likely easier/least expensive way would be to make up mounting brackets and purchase the pads from Yamaha? And attach to the rear pivot arm.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelimage/429/27/2/1/image.aspx

Curious to see if Yamaha addresses this on the '08 mono skids!

Convert said:
machzed can you post a picture of what these backers look like on your track might shed a little light on the subject!

dan has been banned....I guess no more pics...

87gtNOS said:
stirthepot.gif
You're stirring things up without knowing the facts. Dan was given a 3-day holiday from the site for not following the rules, which is quite different than being banned. Dangerous posts like yours above could lead people to conclude something which is not true. Please keep your comments to yourself when you don't know the facts.

Swiss Sledder said:
87gtNOS said:
stirthepot.gif
You're stirring things up without knowing the facts. Dan was given a 3-day holiday from the site for not following the rules, which is quite different than being banned. Dangerous posts like yours above could lead people to conclude something which is not true. Please keep your comments to yourself when you don't know the facts.

all in how you word it, holiday = banned.

too bad this thread is in this section...where it wouldn't get the hits it would in the APEX forum....

besides..my post is direct to convert....perhaps he isn't aware of the banning, or holiday as you word it.....

Doesn't matter, Convert is part of the team and you took a shot that wasn't necessary.

Banned would indicate a permanent removal from this site and never allowed back. Machzed has not been banned. He has been given a 3 day suspension from this site for not following the rules, just like any member would receive.

Rules said:
Flaming/Bashing Users or Thread Hijacking: Flaming/Bashing or being disrespectful to others/dealers/vendors etc.. will not be tolerated and will result in suspension of your account. Thread Hijacking is a very common occurrence and this turns some if the very informative threads into a real mess. Please start you own post and leave those topics move in the direction that they where intended. See Infractions if you choose to cross this line.

thanks for allowing me back...I had no idea it was a 3 day time off but am glad nonetheless that I am back here on TY....i thought i was banned cause i couldnt log in..

thank you Mods for this chance..sorry for any headaches i may have caused here.

dan

No I looked the ban is until he calls Allen, could have been back in a half hour.

If my punishment was to call Allen, I'd say "your kidding right"?
I would suffer through talking to one of the sharpest and nicest guys there is.

Come on, that is a holiday not a ban. I mean jeez, I like a little drama too, but this is absurd.

Actually I was the one that deactivated his account he was never banned just could not post until he communicated with SRXSPEC. We need to work with each other on issues like this not against each other. Allen informed me this morning that the communications channel was open between you guys thats good to hear ;)! I reactivated the account about 30 mins ago. Stick to the rules and things will be good :-o

Convert said:
Actually I was the one that deactivated his account he was never banned just could not post until he communicated with SRXSPEC. We need to work with each other on issues like this not against each other. Allen informed me this morning that the communications channel was open between you guys thats good to hear ;)! I reactivated the account about 30 mins ago. Stick to the rules and things will be good :-o

THANK YOU!
:rocks:
Dan

Back