• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Side panel "binding screws"

rogerg

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Vector
Looking for an alternative to the Phillips head "binding screw" which holds the side panels and other body parts in place on my '05 RS Vector ER. Standard screws are Yamaha part number 90154-06009-00 according to Babbits Yamaha Partshouse lookup. The heads are too easy to mess up; a previous owner or shop left me at least 2 that needed to be drilled out before I could change the oil. I would prefer hex or torx socket head screws.

I searched the forum, couldn't find any prior discussion.

Does anyone know of a good replacement?

I'm pretty sure these will fit. I have them on my 14 Vector LTX.

BOLT
90109-06220-00

Thanks! I ordered a set of 6 of these, and a couple of the others, so either way I can secure the panel. If they work right I'll swap every one on the sled.

An overdue follow-up post. Bolt 90109-06220-00 works perfectly as a replacement for the phillips-head Binding Screw 90154-06009-00. It has a wide base with a 10mm hex head. Will stick with the domed phillips heads in the dash area, but left-side cover over the belt and clutches will get the new bolts.

Any hardware store will have those metric bolts. You only have to decide what type of head you'd like.. allen, hex,flanged hex,etc.

Speaking of side panel screws. I have two Zeus screws the screws are there but the flat metal tab thing that fasteners to the plastic is missing. I got two extra screws today but not the flat metal tab. Anybody know where I can get the flat parts for my 2012 Vector .

Partzilla.com will have the schematic and you can order them maybe.

CaptCaper, the bolts are kind of special, I don't think the average hardware would have them. There's a threaded portion, then a stepped-out unthreaded shoulder, then a large head. The length of the shoulder is a hair shorter than the thickness of the plastic cover; you tighten it down so the leading edge of the shoulder is tight against the mounting bracket, and the large head pinches the plastic cover in place without crushing it.

Bleedyamaha, you might find those clips at an autoparts store, pretty common for holding plastic panels like fender-well liners and air-flow under-body panels in place on todays cars.

I've been getting parts from yamahapartshouse.com (part of Babbitt's Online). They have the exploded parts schematics. I haven't done any real price comparisons, if I was buying anything significantly expensive I would.

CaptCaper, the bolts are kind of special, I don't think the average hardware would have them. There's a threaded portion, then a stepped-out unthreaded shoulder, then a large head. The length of the shoulder is a hair shorter than the thickness of the plastic cover; you tighten it down so the leading edge of the shoulder is tight against the mounting bracket, and the large head pinches the plastic cover in place without crushing it.

Bleedyamaha, you might find those clips at an autoparts store, pretty common for holding plastic panels like fender-well liners and air-flow under-body panels in place on todays cars.

I've been getting parts from yamahapartshouse.com (part of Babbitt's Online). They have the exploded parts schematics. I haven't done any real price comparisons, if I was buying anything significantly expensive I would.
Thanks I will take the screw and head to the parts store.

Back