• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SideWinder MTX Chain Case

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Here are a few pics of the SideWinder MTX Chain Case.

IMG_2061.JPG

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

This looks way better than other chain cases with reverse. Are these parts Yamaha or Arctic Cat ?

This looks way better than other chain cases with reverse. Are these parts Yamaha or Arctic Cat ?
It's basically a Cat design but changes such as Manual Chain Tensioner and Yamaha style chain were added when Viper came out. Since then every year there has been changes. Now with Sidewinder it has a 15 wide chain.

My question is did Yamaha drop the chaincase and move footwell forward on the Mountain sleds like Cat did?

It's basically a Cat design but changes such as Manual Chain Tensioner and Yamaha style chain were added when Viper came out. Since then every year there has been changes. Now with Sidewinder it has a 15 wide chain.

My question is did Yamaha drop the chaincase and move footwell forward on the Mountain sleds like Cat did?

No drop and roll for the Viper/Sidewinder this year. Only select M8000 sleds got the new chain case and footwell mods.
Maybe next year!

Edit: Looks like the just released M9000 King Cat 162" is getting a dropped chain case.

Last edited:
Need help with this!!# where do you set bronze gear in chain case

Yes for the reverse servo the gear that slides inside on the 2 pins where do I set that before I put servo gold gear into place thanks!!

And still no drain plug to make changing the oil easier?

took my chain case apart and the whole reverse bs fell apart looking at it I have it assembled correct but there is a spring and a bushing that I cant figure out where they go do you have pics of that?

took my chain case apart and the whole reverse bs fell apart looking at it I have it assembled correct but there is a spring and a bushing that I cant figure out where they go do you have pics of that?
Take a pic of what you are talking about.

Back