• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski Wheels - Qualipieces Roller Ski vs Rouski

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
Was tripping recently in Quebec and the burn off on roads and parking lots was tremendous. Got me thinking about adding these. Had to cross a dam on the Ottawa River and ran for over a km on bare pavement. Was there 3 weeks earlier and you wouldn't have recognized the place there was so much snow.

Anyone have an opinion on the pros and cons of these two products.
Considering mounting them to C&A's on a SW.
MS

Had used Rouski wheels for a couple of seasons and must say they are well built, durable. Well worth the investment. Got them from Travis at BOP. He actually custom fit a set for me on a set of curve skis.
Adding wheels is a must IMO.

Was tripping recently in Quebec and the burn off on roads and parking lots was tremendous. Got me thinking about adding these. Had to cross a dam on the Ottawa River and ran for over a km on bare pavement. Was there 3 weeks earlier and you wouldn't have recognized the place there was so much snow.

Anyone have an opinion on the pros and cons of these two products.
Considering mounting them to C&A's on a SW.
MS
I have used both in the past. I bought my quali wheel kit in the summer. They have a 3 month warranty. Soon after the season started one of the springs broke so I had to tie up the wheel. They wouldn't warrant the spring. Only got to use it for a couple of rides. Would not buy from them again!

I have 2 pairs of rouski wheels. Both work great. My first set broke the retracting spring after a season.
I was easily able to fix it myself and get the part for about 15 bucks shipped. I think they are worth it.

I also have the Rouskis on my Sidewinder. Eliminates carbide gouging when moving it around and makes it very easy to drive in the trailer. I recommend them. Keep in mind the top speed recommended on these is only 20 mph I believe.

Thanks for the comments.
Which one handles gravel best?
and
Which is easiest to deploy the wheels?
MS
I have a set of each.
I have Rouskis on my wife's Doo 600 etec and the Qualipieces on my winder. To deploy the Rouskis it takes both hands. One to lift the ski the other to grab the handle and deploy the wheel.

The Qualipieces you lift the ski with your hand and deploy the wheel by rotating the wheel with your foot. I like them about the same.

The Rouskis hold the skis slightly higher off the ground and appear to be more balanced. On my winder the front of ski tips towards the ground, which might be due to the 50+ lbs of additional weight on them.

Because of the higher profile, the Rouskis are a little easier to load on my trailer. Neither one will make it across the gap between the trailer door and the trailer floor (about 3.5"). I had to fabricate a a small "ramp" that I install when I load and unload. I have a Triton 7 X 14, not sure if others have a smaller gap.

The Qualipieces RETRACT a little easier on the snow without too much side to side movement. The Rollerskis take a little more work to retract, but my 120 lb wife has not problem after I showed her how to do it.

To me, either one is a good buy, and I personally will never be without them. They make life so much easier.

I used to dread loading and unloading, now I just smile........

I did use them both on tightly packed gravel, both did fine, no problems at all.

Mike

Qualipieces puts all the sled weight on the ski spindle, therefore won't twist your skis. Probably doesn't matter on short runs, but if you store your sled with them deployed all summer in a hot area, your skis might end up twisted. I've tried the Retrax, Rouski and Qualipieces, and ended up with Qualipieces on all my sleds. However, if you dive off trail in the powder, ski wheels are not for you, as you probably know anyhow.

I have a set of each.
I have Rouskis on my wife's Doo 600 etec and the Qualipieces on my winder. To deploy the Rouskis it takes both hands. One to lift the ski the other to grab the handle and deploy the wheel.

The Qualipieces you lift the ski with your hand and deploy the wheel by rotating the wheel with your foot. I like them about the same.

The Rouskis hold the skis slightly higher off the ground and appear to be more balanced. On my winder the front of ski tips towards the ground, which might be due to the 50+ lbs of additional weight on them.

Because of the higher profile, the Rouskis are a little easier to load on my trailer. Neither one will make it across the gap between the trailer door and the trailer floor (about 3.5"). I had to fabricate a a small "ramp" that I install when I load and unload. I have a Triton 7 X 14, not sure if others have a smaller gap.

The Qualipieces RETRACT a little easier on the snow without too much side to side movement. The Rollerskis take a little more work to retract, but my 120 lb wife has not problem after I showed her how to do it.

To me, either one is a good buy, and I personally will never be without them. They make life so much easier.

I used to dread loading and unloading, now I just smile........

I did use them both on tightly packed gravel, both did fine, no problems at all.

The rouski is adjustable in 2 different locations to balance the skis. The arms have 3squares machined on each end. Move the wheel location or the arm where it attaches to the ski
Most come set on the center position.

Mike

I have 2 pairs of rouski wheels. Both work great. My first set broke the retracting spring after a season.
I was easily able to fix it myself and get the part for about 15 bucks shipped. I think they are worth it.
PM'd you... Having trouble finding any info on the repair procedure...

Put a set of Rollerskis on a 2015 RS Vector, that job sucked, had to cut 2- 1/2 circles on top of ski for coil spring, those were a PIA to install but work ok once on.
Then we bought a 23 Sidewinder LTX GT and I called Rouski and they don't make for newer skis, called Rollerski and they did so I ordered them, after getting them and installing them it was easy even easier than the Rouski's we put on my son's ZR9000.

323282368_518251047067707_973661785483690014_n.jpg

Those are what you want. They work great!
Hey man great to see you’re still around I hope you’re having a good season and enjoying the Mach. RockerDan got one and from the looks of it has really built himself a nice trail riding sled. Take care and be safe. God bless you brother

Back