• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slide question update

Yes, Unless the are the wide slides. Just line up the windows and push them in.

Re: Can i install slides with track on?

granto211 said:
Never done it with the skid on??

yes, piece of cake. just force them through a track window.

I just use a hammer and flat screw driver and hammer it out far enough to get vice grips on the end and pull.

Forgot to mention to loosen the track, will make it a lot easier.

granto211 said:
Trick to gettn old off, had to pry one off an cut it in half. Got 1 dun

Yes. If you can tap it out far enough so it pokes out of one of the track windows you can just start the sled and put it in reverse. It will peel the rest of the slide right off of the rail. I know it sounds a little scary but guys on this site have been doing it for years.

vice108 said:
granto211 said:
Trick to gettn old off, had to pry one off an cut it in half. Got 1 dun

Yes. If you can tap it out far enough so it pokes out of one of the track windows you can just start the sled and put it in reverse. It will peel the rest of the slide right off of the rail. I know it sounds a little scary but guys on this site have been doing it for years.

Works great. Super easy way to get them off.

You need to fine a way to kick up snow.

Attachments

• t_skis_179.jpg
    t_skis_179.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 646
I actually put the wide graphite slides on without removing the track as well. I just cut about 1/8" out of one window in the track then they come out. Done this on 3 different sleds and never had a problem with the track. My original rip saw on my last sled lasted 8000 miles with a little window cut. Just make sure you offset which windows you cut per slide. If you cut one window, rotate your track halfway around before cutting the other window so not to weaken just one pitch. Never had a problem and could change slides on the trail if I had to. The only thing is finding which windows you cut the next time you change the slides.

Change mine this season, wide slide through track windows with out cutting track windows.You just have to work the track windows with a screw driver and stretch it for the wide slide to pass,don't forget to put lube on the slide and take vise grip to pull the slide once it is pass the track windows.Don't forget to loose the track before.

To put the new one insert the slide side way and turn it on the track window to stretch it, lube and rubber hammer to re-install.

granto211 said:
I didnt have cut up my beautifull new cobra track, thank god. They fit through the window

this whole process is a lot easier using a dish soap mixtue in a spray bottle !!! spray the rails and the track window and it's easier than your first (you know) !!!!!!!!!!!!!
no cutting involved !!!!!!!!
doc

Back