• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So 24 Closed Loop

SideHogger

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Ltx-Le Sidewinder
Guys running closed loop, do I need to always let the sensor warm up? Should be SD 24......

It does not have to warm up to function, but I like to turn the key on, connect my phone to the flasher and then start the sled. Sometimes if just starting the phone won't connect every time.

If you have no flasher or phone it makes no difference. Don't even give the code a second thought, it goes out when the sensor warms up.

always let sensor warm up ... do not keep turning ign on and off without it completing cycle or will destroy sensor.

Just kinda worried it puts strain on battery cause it will show low volts but once started it goes up to normal volts of 14.2.

Your voltage will be quite a bit lower without sled running anyway and what is displayed on the dash on my sled with key on/sled off is lower than what I actually have at the battery. I believe its a non issue.
You dont have to let the sensor warm up, like knapp said ignore it and go. Vehicles have the same process going on but the code does not appear while it warms because a preset amount of time is programmed into the ecu to allow the sensor to warm. You will only see a code on a vehicle if the sensor is faulty. This delay is not programmed in the sled ecu so the code flashes while the sensor warms.

Thanks as usual guys. I’ve been letting it sit with key on and waiting for SD 24 to stop flashing thinking the same as max rolph that you have to wait til it goes off. Didn’t like leaving key on any longer than you have to.

Back