• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry, another track extension question

No show

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Phazer GT
I am going to be doing a track extension on my 2012 Phazer GT, going from a 121 to a 144. I have read lots of posts on this and there is lots of good info but, I am confused. So I am asking what would be the best thing to change first? Gearing, driver or clutching. 95% of my driving is on trails or stubble fields.

My son didn't change anything on his 09 GT when he extended his.

With a GT you should have a 20t upper gear, I'd probably opt to install an MTX axle and drivers (cheap on ebay). It kills 2 birds with one stone by lowering your gear ratio AND giving you some adjustment. With short track drivers installed a 144" will be VERY tight with the adjusters loosened all the way. With 20t upper you will STILL geared to do 85mph+ with MTX drivers.

With a GT you should have a 20t upper gear, I'd probably opt to install an MTX axle and drivers (cheap on ebay). It kills 2 birds with one stone by lowering your gear ratio AND giving you some adjustment. With short track drivers installed a 144" will be VERY tight with the adjusters loosened all the way. With 20t upper you will STILL geared to do 85mph+ with MTX drivers.

That is an eight tooth driver?

That is an eight tooth driver?
yes, I have a 9 tooth Trail axle/drivers I tried to install on my MTX for a better approach angle but I couldn't get the track loose enough with a new track with those drivers. Maybe extensions on a 121" rail might be a bit shorter, this is with my factory 144" rails (which uses the same suspension components)

Back