• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spare key, unbelievable

slimjim2525

Lifetime Member
I went to my local dealer today to get a spare key for my 07 Apex. They quoted me $50.00 for a key. I was like what the hell. Went to a local locksmith, and they charged me $2.65. Yamaha and or the local dealer ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I think the price of parts is hurting new sled sales more than charging too much for new snowmobiles.

Don't tell the locksmith what Yamaha charges!

That's crazy...and I bet there would be a wait for the key through the Dealer. I can't see a Dealer having a key cutting machine on site.

What a rip off. The sad thing is that alot of people will pay for it not knowing to go elseware.

that is crazy. we bought our phazer used, and only got 1 key. went to the dealer with the code on the key, they wanted 40 dollars for it. so the parts guy(family friend) went back, got me a blank for 1.50, went to canadian tire and got it cut for 3.00. the key blank is a curtis YM57. its bout 1/4 inch taller then the stock key, but still works.

I put Polaris parts on my Yami whenever I can. All based on price of cousre. White high profile hyfax, larger 5.35 wheels, rear heat exchanger from '06 Switchback( 1/3 the cost of Yami). Yamaha thinks price means quality. Yamaha is offering the aftermarket oil lites, HID lights, Sled start, and others to try and grab a piece of that market, because alot of people are going elsewhere and outsourcing parts and products. JMO. Cheers, Scott

Did the key look like this?
5767_Ladies_Diamond_Key_Pendant_White_Gold_14K_Round_Cut_H_Color_SI_115ct_888.jpeg

I asked my dealer (MAXXX Motorsports - Darien WI) for a spare key for my Attak GT. He called me today saying it would be $40.00, but gave me the name of a local locksmith who carries the blanks and will make one for alot less.
This is why I do business with MAXXX.

heck i paid less than that for the ignition i had to replace last season on my war. had electrical problem and i am canadian.

I paid $30 for a spare key for my new Can Am outlander but it has electronics in it for the anti theft system

I BOUGHT A SPARE KEY BLANK FOR MY NYTRO LAST YEAR AT MY DEALER AND HAD A KEY PLACE CUT IT FOR $4.00 AND IT CAME RIGHT FROM YAMAHA.

Back