• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark Plugs

sledder91

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
14 viper xtx
How do I change spark plugs on a 14 viper XTX. I think I had bad gas and it's not running right gonna try to change plugs but can't seem to find them

They are at the top of the motor just wear mechanics gloves use a flat screw driver to pop the coil pack off and then use 2 socket extensions to get down to the plug slide 1 in with plug socket then add second then wrench to loosen it can all be done through the side panel no need to pull seat and tank

How do I change spark plugs on a 14 viper XTX. I think I had bad gas and it's not running right gonna try to change plugs but can't seem to find them
Did this happen in the garage? Last year my sled did the same thing. I had to lift the back up and rev the sled up a few times. It did clean up.
It didn't 100 percent clean up until my first ride.

Do you start your sled throughout the summer and let it idle?

W
They are at the top of the motor just wear mechanics gloves use a flat screw driver to pop the coil pack off and then use 2 socket extensions to get down to the plug slide 1 in with plug socket then add second then wrench to loosen it can all be done through the side panel no need to pull seat and tank
How do I take the coil off I don't know how

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 382
The coil pack is just a spark plug boot with the electronics on the top part. Just don't pull on the wires.

Look what happened to my spark plug inside the hole. Thankfully got it out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 408
I've had plugs break. But never anything like that

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Back