• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speculation: is Yamaha getting played by cat?

Toby.....I'm on your side. I would have flown to h.q. and took a dump right in the front door!!!!

So, this thread comes down to promises made to customers that spring ordered.....I'm out.

Sorry to bother.......

Joe I needed a laugh! Almost spit out my drink when I read it!

I need to find some snow. Ours In central Wi is gone and I need to go find some! Hope your sled kicks butt and takes names!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absurd...Explain the missing skid with missing answers.... Advertised in detail and then not provided... Maybe the periphial stuff is absurd... But not that

I feel the riders who early ordered deserve, at the very least, I letter of apology and three very good options to make things right.

$300 gift card towards accessories, wearables?
$$$$ extended warranty
$1000 credit towards a 2018

Idk, I can understand why steve is questioning someone's integrity.

Have you tried writing a letter to Yamaha? I know, it's like "what for?"

I honestly can't say how I would have handled that situation. Probably not as diplomatic as you guys have.

2015 I wrote a very clear and concise letter to Yamaha aka Screwmaha when us RTX LE guys got shorted on shock promises. Not even a call, email, or letter back.

2016 saw the great rod fiasco that still is not settled.

2017 we have the RR skid missed promise again the RTX LE guys get screwed

Last edited:
2015 I wrote a very clear and concise letter to Yamaha aka Screwmaha when us RTX LE guys got shorted on shock promises. Not even a call, email, or letter back.

2016 saw the great rod fiasco that stil is not settled.

2017 we have the RR skid missed promise again the RTX LE guys get screwed

Very simple.
Screw me once, shame on you.
Screw me twice , shame on me.

My hope is that in Yamaha cleaning house at their US snowmobile HQ and moving ops to Canada things get better. I may be looking at a Sidewinder in the future, but the terms will be different this time around.

My hope is that in Yamaha cleaning house at their US snowmobile HQ and moving ops to Canada things get better. I may be looking at a Sidewinder in the future, but the terms will be different this time around.
You may be on to something

Wow, unbelievable thank you to everyone who chimed in. Dealer getting a personal visit with a sled in tow, then on to the factory rep to rip his head off....anyone else do their bs financing.....3.99 and then it turns out it was a credit card thru capital one that they closed once you took delievery of the sled come janurary...... I really love the power nothing like it, handles pretty good for what it is, I ride hard and have bottomed out on the tug hill but compared to my old sled which my buddy has the same sled and we rode side by side with (a 2015 skidoo 800x) it's night and day, way more fun in the trail the doo is......did the sled top out at 117mph yup, did I smoke some kid on a juiced up 800 cat in a 10 mile bar to bar race no question, did I hit some hard landings and get loose, you bet ya so I am pissed when I learn I paid extra for something in good faith and was sold a false bill of goods from a major corporation..... #firstandprobablylasttimebuyofyamaha.... I had heard all the good things about Yamaha and it made sense to go with the company that makes the motor, had seat time on the chassis so to get boned 4 different ways..... I'll be handling it New York style......

Wow, unbelievable thank you to everyone who chimed in. Dealer getting a personal visit with a sled in tow, then on to the factory rep to rip his head off....anyone else do their bs financing.....3.99 and then it turns out it was a credit card thru capital one that they closed once you took delievery of the sled come janurary...... I really love the power nothing like it, handles pretty good for what it is, I ride hard and have bottomed out on the tug hill but compared to my old sled which my buddy has the same sled and we rode side by side with (a 2015 skidoo 800x) it's night and day, way more fun in the trail the doo is......did the sled top out at 117mph yup, did I smoke some kid on a juiced up 800 cat in a 10 mile bar to bar race no question, did I hit some hard landings and get loose, you bet ya so I am pissed when I learn I paid extra for something in good faith and was sold a false bill of goods from a major corporation..... #firstandprobablylasttimebuyofyamaha.... I had heard all the good things about Yamaha and it made sense to go with the company that makes the motor, had seat time on the chassis so to get boned 4 different ways..... I'll be handling it New York style......
I did financing, but took the 6 mo no interest. Laughed when I got the notice of closing the Capital one account. Planned on local financing after the 6 mo anyway.

I think trying to find good or great help for cheap is the problem.
There is lots of talent out there, and some companies do pay a good buck to get them. Others want good help, but are not willing to pay above the average wage, for more than average talent or skill.
Yup I agree with that! I have a lot of experience doing what I do and have the schooling and knowledge to back that up but Its hard to find a company that I feel will pay me well enough. I know what I should be getting paid and no I'm not asking for way more then I think I should get. I think companies need to spend a little more on quality employees instead of just thinking about the dollar. The place I work is a family owned business but I can tell you they are greedy for more money and just hate when they have to hired another person. I can see it in there face and it really pisses me off. I got lucky and got hired when there old man was the owner and actually wanted quality employees around other wise I would not make as much as I do now.

Be my first and last yamaha lol Still haven't put a mile on it. After hearing all the bull #*$&@ with Yamaha. I'll just sale it with no miles and take my loses. Thank you very much Yamaha for being a liar. Too bad looked like Yamaha was going forward ,but not now believe me this will hurt them big time.
What part of Canada? What sled you have? What price?. I know someone who may be interested. I got a fool nibbling who wants to get away from Cat lol.

Be my first and last yamaha lol Still haven't put a mile on it. After hearing all the bull #*$&@ with Yamaha. I'll just sale it with no miles and take my loses. Thank you very much Yamaha for being a liar. Too bad looked like Yamaha was going forward ,but not now believe me this will hurt them big time.

When reading stuff posted on the various internet forums, you have to be able to realize that most of what is posted is negative stuff, and problems. I cann,t seem to understand why you feel so strongly about the negative posts. Your sled might be perfect.
If you still want to get rid of your brand new sled, would you be interested in trading for a great running, very reliable 2013 Arctic Cat Turbo Sno Pro, and some cash ? I would gladly take your perceived problem sled off your hands, and take my chances with it.
And don,t think for a second that all the other manufacturers don,t have the same bull #*$&@ being thrown around by there brand loyalists as well. Pick your poison carefully, and be careful what you wish for. LOL

Blueaway, I live 1.5 hrs from you. And can pay cash give me your price if your serious.

WOW!!! The sky is falling the sky is falling!! Reminds me of the way the Cat guys went nuts in 2012 with all the Procross issues and the Poo guys were jumping from buildings back in 06 with the Fusion 800. I also remember the flaking ring days and engine recalls on DooTalk and I could mention many more things. The one thing I remember well when I had my last Yamaha was how well they treated me when I had a warranty issue. They paid for hotel and meals under warranty, nobody else does that and Yamaha still offers it. Having a good dealer goes a long way also but that's with all makes. You guys need to buy from a reputable dealer who knows how to take care of their customers and stop driving 200 miles to save a few bucks.

Back