• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Split Ski

I think they might be darn good.Definitly wont be near as strong but when is the last time you saw a broke ski on normal ones?My pilots which also have 2 runners are just awesome in everything but powder.The powder gets between the two and builds up so it pushes.This should eliminate that.

Yes I am not sure about the flotation either. Its not like I am going to be messing around in the mounties or riding around in a place were only long track sled should be.

However they look expensive. Not because of the ski its self but because of the custom spindles. Then we got to have another set of carbides as well.

I forgot to say they still are working on the phazers.
I found this on the flotation.

Will the skis sink in the powder if I ride off trail?

No, Split Rail's have nearly the same surface area as the Ski-Doo Pilot 5.7 stock skis. The rails are merely separated. Split Rails are also designed so that as the snow passes through the centre it is slightly compressed, therefore pushing the ski upwards. Since they have the same surface area as a stock ski and have added compression Split Rail's experience comparable flotation in loose and powdery snow conditions

i was just saying what it looks like lol. and to me it looks like if you go off the trail the sled is going to sink.

Hi There,
Thank you for your interest in Split Rail Ski. Unfortunately, our skis will not be available for the Phazer for this season. To give you an idea of cost, on the Yamaha Nytro, for replacement spindles, skis and hoops is $799.
Thanks again,
Marilyn
Split Rail Ski Inc
1-888-771-9872

Ruckus said:
Hi There,
Thank you for your interest in Split Rail Ski. Unfortunately, our skis will not be available for the Phazer for this season. To give you an idea of cost, on the Yamaha Nytro, for replacement spindles, skis and hoops is $799.
Thanks again,
Marilyn
Split Rail Ski Inc
1-888-771-9872

Ruckus, I didnt know your name was Marilyn...LOL

Back